Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

good booster for 6 yr old

I need a new booster for my 6 yr old. We bought it 4-1/2 yrs ago when we were transporting my neice around and we just eventually put him in it. But I really think he would be better off in a different booster. He's really tall (57") and I'm not sure his torso height but for camparison purposes I put him in DD's nautilus and his shoulders were above the shoulder belt positioner in its highest position by about 1/2 and inch- 1 inch. He's also VERY slender. He is currently in a turbo booster. He does still need a booster and I want to keep him in one. I don't want to spend ALOT of money on a new booster because he is so close to passing the 5 step test (about 1 inch more on the legs and he fits great in our backseat, knees bent over, butt all the way back, sits up straight, everything but the feet flat on the floor, which are about an inch, if that from being flat. Any suggestions for a good booster for him? If we could find one with a back still I'd be thrilled (DH wouldn't but he's left carseat choices to me).
    Traci
    DS- 10 yrs, 5'6", 93 lbs Adult belt (passes 5 step)
    DD- 6 yrs, 4', 53 lbs HBB Graco Turbo Booster
    DS- 4 yrs, 3'4", 40.8 lbs FF Graco Nautilus and EFTA

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads