Can you place the Elastic on a RA Cover?

SGTex

The Elastic is broken on my Roundabout. I'm not sure what happened b/c I had it off the seat to wash it 2 weeks ago, put it back on and it was fine. Then today it's not working! :( It's my favorite cover too!

Can I replace it (I am totally sewing challenged :rolleyes:) or should I just replace the whole cover?

Oh and hi, I'm new here! I've used this site a few times in the past when I needed some car seat help/info and found it realy helpful. I'm car seat addicted, Britax addicted and a big advocate of car seat safety. Another member told me to look here for a Madison Regent cover that I'm trying to find so I decided to join and jump into posting too! So I'm sure you will see more of me around! :whistle:

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

Hi Sarah! :wave: Welcome to the boards. :)

Does the RA cover have casing like some of the Marathon covers? I replaced the elastic in a MA cover a couple days ago, and it was easy peasy. I just snipped open a spot in the case, pulled out the old elastic, then threaded a new piece through with a safety pin attached to one end. Once pulled through, I ran a couple stitches through both sides of the elastic to secure both ends together. I didn't bother stitching up my 'snip' though. You can't even see it since it's on the back/inside of the casing.

I know a few people have sewn elastic around the outside edge of the cover and had that work, though, if they didn't have casing. Hopefully they'll be along to help you a little more. I'm not great with sewing technical terms. :blush:

aclayton74

I have replaced elastic in so many covers I have lost count!! I think I am up to about 8 now! The easiet ones are the ones with the casing just follow PP's advice. It is does not have the casing I actually sew a casing into it than thread the elastic through.

SGTex

OK - Thanks, I *think* it has a casing, I'll have to check it out in the morning and maybe give it a try!

aclayton74

If you can see the elastic attached to the cover you don't have a casing. It you can open up the casing and pull the elastic out than you do have a casing!!

SGTex

If you can see the elastic attached to the cover you don't have a casing. It you can open up the casing and pull the elastic out than you do have a casing!!

Thanks for clarifying. Mine does have the casing, so I can just cut a slit, get elastic and put a safety pin on the end to thread it through? I can handle a little stitching at the end. So hopefully I can pull that together! LOL! Luckily I don't need to go anywhere with my DC Baby until Monday, so I have tomorrow and all weekend to get it done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC