My 3 across pw/ma/pw

melniemi

Here are pics to show how tight this combo is. I'd love for it to work for my 3 oldest. I'm going to leave the marathon installed for a lil bit to see if the boys manage to be able to buckle themselves. A turbo fits, but is pretty much impossible to buckle.

P1010318.jpg

P1010321.jpg

ADS

musicmaj

How did you get the parkway torso wings to fit under the marathon? If I could make them fit like that I could get two parkways and the fisher price convertible to fit in my car. It is impossible for my older two to buckle themselves with my radian in the middle.

melniemi

I thought about that. But the latch bars are in the clear. It is just the bulkiness of both seats that cause problems. The radian was almost harder to buckle next to the parkway since there isn't a base that is smaller than the seat.

melniemi

The radian was even harder to buckle because there wasn't a base. The sides sat flush and it was not fun.:(

melniemi

Time for a Suburban ?

Dh would love a suburban. I don't think the third row in those is very big though either so we'd have to go with the 8 passenger. We really don't want to have to budget for it though - we are on mission pay off debt:p

I'm going to try this combo and if it is just impossible for them to buckle, I'll get some Oto's and just switch out for the pw's when we go farther than an hour or so.

melniemi

They managed to buckle their own seats today:D

So we'll be doing this combo until S outgrows the marathon. Then we'll be looking again. Maybe by then B will be big enough to ff in the marathon in the third row or we'll look for some other combo.

melniemi

We couldn't get a rf'ing radian installed good enough. Maybe if it had been warmer than 15* we would've tried harder. Maybe we could get the buckle completely in the belt path? I really don't know. We didn't work with it rearfacing too long. I should say fyrfighermomma - since she did all the installs for me:eek::love:

melniemi

02 Chevy Venture. 3rd row doesn't recline at all to help with installs. It is about 48" wide, if I recall correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC