Pictures of Multi Tech

ADS

desertkiwi

Hiya, I would also be really interested to see photos of Lenats DD in the Two-Way too to compare to the Multi-Tech.

I am keen to get 2 RF seats (one for my 2.5 year old DD1 and one for 1 year old DD2), but wondering which type to get.

Lenats, since you own both Multi-Tech and Two Way, I hope you could answer a few questions for me? (And AdventureDad, because I know you are very familiar with these seats.)

1. Do you prefer the Multi-Tech over the Two Way? (I assume so since it is in your car while the Two Way is in your mum's car.) What do you prefer about it?

2. Does the Multi-Tech fit your DD better than the Two Way? Is there much difference in size of child they will fit?

3. Is Multi-Tech more comfortable? (It looks like it might be more padded.)

4. Is one seat easier to install than the other?

5. Is one seat safer than the other? Is the side impact protection better in the Multi-Tech do you think?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!:whistle:

Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.:love:

Adventuredad

I'll let Lena answer the questions but I'll post a couple of photos. I was shipping out some seats today and kids sat down in a Multi Tech. My son is 5 years old (and one month),45 inches tall, about 17 inch torso. Daughter is 2.5, about 37 inches, sorry but don't know her torso. She never sits still.......:D
One photo of my son is with MT in middle position and others at full height. As you can see, he still has plenty of room.

danielhighest4.jpg

danielreg.jpg

annikahigh.jpg

annikahigh2.jpg

desertkiwi

Thanks AdventureDad for the photos. Your kids are absolutely gorgeous! And looks like I would get a couple of years use at least if i get a MT for DD1.

I have thought of another question now. Is the MT good in booster mode? Guess I am wondering a bit whether the MT is worth the higher price tag than the Two Way. It would be if it was used afterwards as a booster, but I wonder whether at booster stage whether I would end up buying a separate booster with higher shell anyway.

Sorry for all the questions, just a bit difficult to know without having a good play with the seats myself.

lenats31

Hiya, I would also be really interested to see photos of Lenats DD in the Two-Way too to compare to the Multi-Tech.

I am keen to get 2 RF seats (one for my 2.5 year old DD1 and one for 1 year old DD2), but wondering which type to get.

Lenats, since you own both Multi-Tech and Two Way, I hope you could answer a few questions for me? (And AdventureDad, because I know you are very familiar with these seats.)

1. Do you prefer the Multi-Tech over the Two Way? (I assume so since it is in your car while the Two Way is in your mum's car.) What do you prefer about it?

2. Does the Multi-Tech fit your DD better than the Two Way? Is there much difference in size of child they will fit?

3. Is Multi-Tech more comfortable? (It looks like it might be more padded.)

4. Is one seat easier to install than the other?

5. Is one seat safer than the other? Is the side impact protection better in the Multi-Tech do you think?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!:whistle:

Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.:love:

We chose the MT because of the deep sidewings and the harness height adjuster system, which is the same as that on the Frontier. So I think it has better SIP. However, the TWE has deeper sidewings than meets the eye.

The MT is the more exspensive seat of the two, and since DS rides in his grandmother´s car about once or twice a week and only over short distances we saw no need to buy an exspensive seat.

They are both very easy to install, and none of them takes up more room in the car than an FF seat would.

With regards to the footprop on the MT vs the absence of one such device on the TWE. The TWE has a clamp at the bottom of the seat that you fasten to the car´s seat. So the TWE is just different in that regard.

The MT is not softer and better padded than the TWE. They are both very comfortable seats.

Like all other car seats each of them has pros and cons:

MT: Very deep sidewings and headwings, seatback width can be adjusted in two positions, one install only. Footprop allows better use of the front seat. Internal harness and headwings height adjuster system, in-built seatbelt lock-offs. Very wide and well padded harness protectors. In-built seatbelt guides in headwings for booster mode.

Cons: No recline position (tough not a bad thing for all). FF with 5 point harness to 40 lbs and from 40-55 lbs as a booster seat. Doubt adding a chest clip is going to be easy if need be. However, the wide harness pads makes it hard for the child to wrestle out of the harness.

TWE: Recline position to 45 degrees (shown in photos above), several installs incl. one in cars with short seatbelts. FF with 5 point harness to 55 lbs (No top tether). Seatback is fairly wide (not like the Regent tough). . Easy to add a chest clip.

Cons: More than just one install may confuse some. No in-built seatbelt guides for booster mode. Needs to be braced against the front seat, which makes it difficult for parents to adjust the position of the front seat. Less SIP than the MT, seperate belt lock-off, Harness adjuster is the same as that on the Regent - so seat must be removed from the car to get this done.

They are both very good seats in each their own way. The MT is new and a little more fool proof - so more user friendly for parents who are not car seat experts, whereas the TWE has proven its´ worth in many crash tests and in real life for several years and may be more suitable for young children who tend to drop their heads when they are sleeping. None of them are difficult to install.

The TWE scored 9 out of 10 points in an SIP test in Finland (don´t remember how long ago). I would not be surpriced if the MT scores 10 points.

So there you have it: Both very good seats with each their own pros and cons.

Lena

lenats31

She never sits still.......

Same with DS here:p. But at least we know where they are for as long they are strapped into their car seats:D

Lena

desertkiwi

Fabulous info - Thanks so much Lenats for patiently answering my questions so well - That has really clarified the pros and cons of each seat. They both are obviously great seats. Off to email AdventureDad now!!! Yahoo. Can't wait to get it.

lenats31

Sorry, forgot:whistle::eek:

I still have to try DD in it. I do have some photos of it in upright position. But DD wasn´t there that day.

My son was:
april2009199.jpg

april2009202.jpg

Reclined:

april2009204.jpg

april2009205.jpg

april2009208.jpg

april2009209.jpg

april2009210.jpg

april2009215.jpg

april2009217.jpg

So much for unhappy RF children:p

Lena

mommycat

Wow, that's really upright! It looks more upright than the vehicle seatback... do kids have issues sleeping in it that upright? Head flopping problems, I mean?

lenats31

Angle varies from one car to the next. This is an app. 10 degree angle install. I did not meassure it. Some very young children can have trouble keeping their heads up when sleeping. But this is a seat that you can install at a 45 degree angle. I have not heard or read of any older child (15 months +) who has faced this kind of problem.

This seat has several seatbelt routing possibilities in RF position. This is just one of them. There are two more, where the seatbelt is routed UNDER the seat. This could cause the seat to recline more - not sure tough.

Lena

lil96

This is dd. Sarah. These photos are about 1 week old. She is 3 months shy of her 5th birthday, 45½2 tall, 18" torso (harness height is 16":confused:). This is her in the top harness slots and no room left to grow. It is not outgrown yet, but it is really close call.

Lena

what type car do you have?

lil96

We own a Peugeot 307SW.

The MT is in this car.

Mom owns a Peugeot 207 (small car)

Her car carries the TWE.

Lena

Thanks! That is what I was thinking, my mil has the 2nd one and the seat belts were never long enough to install around are infant carrier, do you have that problem, short seat belts?

(When we got our car we considerd the 307 SW)

I like to know what car it is so I can see what it would look like in each car, does that make sense?

U

Unregistered

You don´t need long seatbelts to install these seats. the seatbelt is routed through the front of both seats. The Two Way requires a longer seatbelt than the MT IF you want to recline it. But even in recline mode there is still a lot of seatbelt left. The TWE allows a belt route for cars with short seatbelts

August2008C001.jpg

August2008C002.jpg

april2009219.jpg

legroom in front with the TWE in recline mode. my mom is 175 cm tall and I am 180 cm tall.
BritaxTwoWayElite003.jpg

Lena

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC