Pictures of Multi Tech

ADS

Adventuredad

Thanks for the great photos Lena. I think it's helpful to see seats installed:thumbsup: It's a great seat which allows rear facing for a very long time.

I have to say that the lack of chest clip and spacing of the harness straps makes me want to reach in and move them closer together - I guess I am well trained to the NA standard.

It's easy to add an external harness clip if you wanted. Most people I speak to were hesitant before but after using the seat for a while harness clip was not an issue.

finn

Here is ds in his, he is on the 2nd set of slots. He is 2 years 2 months old, 93cm/36 inches tall & 13kg/28lbs

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

joyride

This is dd. Sarah. These photos are about 1 week old. She is 3 months shy of her 5th birthday, 45½2 tall, 18" torso (harness height is 16":confused:). This is her in the top harness slots and no room left to grow. It is not outgrown yet, but it is really close call.
Hey Lena.

I saw some pics from you with a Two-Way Elite. Was this yours?
Because I am really interested if she would have more space in it and how she fits the TW.

Greetings
Joy

Adventuredad

That's hers as well. It's installed i her parents car I believe. I feel like a stalker...:D Hopefully she will stop by the forums later on and answer you.

lenats31

AD is right. The TWE is in my mother´s car. I won´t have the chance to take any photos of dd in it for another week - too busy. It is in recline mode for our son.

Lena

lenats31

Those are great pictures. I have to say that the lack of chest clip and spacing of the harness straps makes me want to reach in and move them closer together - I guess I am well trained to the NA standard.

You can pull the harness more snug without those chest clips.

Lena

lenats31

I realize that it's proper for the seat, it just feels wrong to me, KWIM? :)

Europe has a 1 point of release rule in case the car falls into the water or catches fire and the child needs to be removed ASAP. You can buy chest clips here as well. They are just not legal. However, police don´t seem to mind.

In the USA and Canada, it is considered safer to add a chest clip to the car seat to make sure that the harness stays in place all the time and the children cannot take their arms out.

I know about some children in Europe, who like to escape from their car seats. The parents use the chest clip. The police never care about it.

Mathias tries to do this sometimes, but he can´t get his arms out. he is a strong boy, but he can´t get his arms out of the harness and he knows he can´t. So instead, he gets hysterical.

Forgot to add that the harness straps on the Regent are wider apart than those on the MT and TWE. DD will have an easier time getting her arms out of the Regent harness than the MT and TWE.

lenats31

Out of curiosity, how much are people paying when they import those?

You are looking at 4-500 USD with a little plus or minus depending on what what seat you buy.

I sent an MT to the USA in December 2008. Sadly USPS lost it. SO, I would pm Adventuredad. he can give you a more specific price and deduct the VAT (Value Added Taxes, that are added to all EU goods) But, then you must add shipping charges - so roughly 4-500ish USD.

Having a small and compact car doesn´t matter. This is my mother´s car:

BritaxTwoWayElite004.jpg

Legroom: plenty of space for a 5ft11" person.
BritaxTwoWayElite003.jpg

TWE in recline mode:
BritaxTwoWayElite002.jpg

Lena

Last edited by a moderator:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Thanks for the info on the price. I'm not going to purchase one. We love our True Fit seats I just was curious how much people are paying to import seats. If it was a seat that was offered in the US I'd definately check it out.

kirsty

i would love to have that seat, my 7 (8 in april) niece would likely still fit in it she only has a 16inch torso, i would love to try her in it.

joyride

AD is right. The TWE is in my mother´s car. I won´t have the chance to take any photos of dd in it for another week - too busy. It is in recline mode for our son.
Lena
Hello Lena.

No problem - it isn´t urgent. Maybe you will find some time.
Thanks
Joy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC