TWE in Peugeot 307SW.

maj2009a003.jpg

maj2009a009.jpg

DD nearly 5 years old.
maj2009a008.jpg

maj2009a006.jpg

maj2009a005.jpg

maj2009a004.jpg

In the MT same day. She is 117 cm tall meassured yesterday (app. 46") has an 18" torso and weighs 45 lbs.
maj2009a001.jpg

maj2009a002.jpg

She says she likes the MT better. But she has autism so she may just say that because that´s the one she is used to. She seems comfortable in both seats. TWE leaves more legroom, but she just throws her legs over the sides in the MT or criss crosses them, which gives a different kind of comfy position.

Lena

ADS

nevaehsmommy

Can you use these seats in a two door with a back seat? How would you get the child in? Currently we slide front seat forward and slip nevaeh over the top of the car seat. Would that work or are they to tall?

Cant really get in on the other side bc of the infant seat.

lenats31

I would tilt the front seat on the opposite side of the car and move it forward.
That would leave room for a child to climb into them on their own. You need to be able to get in the back of the car as well in order to fasten the harness. You can´t slip her over the top of the seats. They are too big for that. So you must take the infant seat out of the car first, which I expect to be one with a base?

Lena

joyride

Thank you for the Pics!
It looks like she has much more room to grow in the MT.
How long do you think she has left in the TWE?
Thanks alot!
Joy

lenats31

She doesn´t have harness room left to grow in either seat. It is a close call in both seats. The harness is at her shoulders in the top harness slots in both seats. the harness is not allowed to go behind the shoulders in the Swedish seats. It is "at and slightly above". At 46" in height and 18" torso (torso meassured the last time I posted photos of her in the MT) I think these seats do a pretty good job at keeping children RF for a loooong time.

Mathias just might be taller than we think. We know a 14 month old, who is 34" tall, and Mathias is a head taller than him: My guess is that he meassures around 36-37" at nearly two years of age. he is in the third harness slot in the MT.

They are playing hide and seek right now he, he.

Lena

twinsmom

She doesn´t have harness room left to grow in either seat. It is a close call in both seats. The harness is at her shoulders in the top harness slots in both seats. the harness is not allowed to go behind the shoulders in the Swedish seats. It is "at and slightly above".
Lena

My MT manual said that once you reach to top harness slot, you can continue to use the seat until the eyes are level with the seat back or the child exceeds the weight limit. I think AD said that includes the straps going below the shoulders. Is that not right?

Also, Lena - the TWE has tons of leg room! How does the seat install so far from the seatback? Is there a base or something that I'm not seeing in the pic?

lenats31

My MT manual said that once you reach to top harness slot, you can continue to use the seat until the eyes are level with the seat back or the child exceeds the weight limit. I think AD said that includes the straps going below the shoulders. Is that not right?

Also, Lena - the TWE has tons of leg room! How does the seat install so far from the seatback? Is there a base or something that I'm not seeing in the pic?

Yes, but then you must remove the harness and use it as a highback booster. The headwings go much, much higher then the harness. In fact you can pull them to the same height as any other regular highback booster seat. My manual says that the correct harness height is at or slightly above the shoulders. Below the shoulders means "outgrown". When you remove the harness you´ll make more room between child´s shoulders and the headwings, which will allow the child to grow in the seat until the tips of the ears are level with the seatback. but that´s in booster mode. the same thing counts for the TWE.

The TWE is equipted with a recline and brace plate in one. You must use it when the seat is in upright mode. release it, pull it out and fasten it to the rearseat front.

Lena

joyride

Jennifer is right, the 2008 MT Manual sais:
Once you reach the top of the slots, your child may continue
to use the seat until their eye-level becomes level with the
top of the seat or their weight exceeds the following:
Rearward facing: 25kg
Forward facing: 18kg
Maybe you have an older on, Lena.
Joy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC