Car seat shuffling

Splash

I'm getting rid of the Regent by this weekend. It's going, going, gone. One lady from CL wanted it, if she doesn't take ownership this weekend (for a very paltry sum), I'm trading a 2008 Regent for a 2005 Roundabout. Go me! I traded 2 quarters for 4 nickels because 4 is more than 2! Actually, I'm totally fine with that arrangment and it was my idea and I am just teasing about it here, I don't feel like I am getting the short stick at all.

If that happens, all is said and done. If the lady from CL buys it, then I have money to spend. I never actually planned on buying another seat with this money, I just have it. But now I figure I might as well. Since i was willing to swap, shouldn't I be willing to buy? Ah, but swapping involved putting out no more money. I suppose I could just offer to BUY this other RA, actually.

Anyhoo, if I end up selling vs swapping, I have two seats in mind. A Roundabout, which I will use for probably a year, maybe more, and then sell or give away. I will keep my Boulevard. I can find one, I *think* for $170 in the cover of my choice. Otherwise I can get a MA for $200. If I get the MA, I'll sell the BV as well since I'll never have a need for it.

I really do not want to go through another RF childhood with this BV in my car. I just don't. If I get the RA, though, and ply my wife with lots of backrubs and chocolates, I *might* be able to sell the RA AND the BV at some point to fund the purchase of a new TF AR, which would hopefully rectify the problem I had with the TF v1.0.

Whaddya think?

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Splash I think it makes perfect sense to get one now and sell both for the TF ARB down the road.:thumbsup: I *really* didn't need another TF, but I figured between my last RN and the TF I could sell them both down the road and get the new version when it becomes available. I would love another reason to have a RA.:love: Even though they have a short shell RF they are such great seats for a small kiddo.:D Good luck with your sale/swap and the hunt for another seat if that what you decide to do. If you decide not to buy another one right now I would put that money in savings and hold on to it for when the new version comes out, then sell the Blvd to get the other half.;)

Last edited:

TheQueenMother

I love my RA and this would be the seat I would repurchase as soon as I saw 2 pink lines. I love installing my RA, love how light it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC