Flying with a carseat

veggiegirl228

Currently we have an EFTA and later we will be flying and I am looking for tips for flying with a 3 1/2 (at that time) and the carseat. I've thought about getting one of the cart type things that have the straps to hold it down, (sorry can't think of it's name :rolleyes:) We don't travel much by plane so something in expensive would be great :thumbsup: Other tips please.

ADS

natysr

I use the Traveling Toddler to connect our carseat to my carry-on bag. Then I can wheel the whole thing as a unit through the airport. You can buy the Traveling Toddler for $15 through amazon.

Here is a short video of the set up from a recent flight. The child can ride in the carseat with it hooked to the carry-on. In this video, our son decided he wanted to walk, so we buckled his blanket into the seat. He changed is mind while we were walking and just hopped on for a ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtLn9ix2bQ

MomToEliEm

Whenever we travel with our carseats, we just use an inexpensive luggage cart and strap the carseat onto it. It isn't rated for carrying much weight so I wouldn't feel good letting DD ride in the seat while I am pulling the cart with the seat. I typically load the seat up with all our carry-on luggage so I have my hands free while walking through the airport.

crunchierthanthou

I tried something like the travelling toddler, but our suitcases aren't the best quality. It just smashed the carry-on and the seat slid down. It wasn't secure at all.

We use the $30 luggage cart from Target. It's rated to 150 lbs. Ds rides in it he wants or if we need to rush-

0414081255-1.jpg

TnT's Mom

Crunchierthanthou, I actually was just looking at that luggage cart last night, for our upcoming trip. Do you think the Nautilus would attach well to it? We are not bringing a stroller this trip and I want ds#2 to be able to ride in his seat through the airport if we have to rush. How do you actually attach your seat to it? Do you use the strap that comes with it or your LATCH straps, or both?

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC