I figured out the stroller I am getting-input?

MySillyKids

I wanted the valco double ever since i saw it online.

then i went and saw it in person.

uber heavy
they couldn't show me how to fold it
it doesn't go through doorways
very awkward shape

When I started reading around, i have read that valco CS isn't that great (i'm sure lovin has stories)

now. to my BJCMD CS story.

The old skins had an issue with the fraying. Well i called back in july. gave her all the information. She said no problem, i'll send out your new skins.

I got new said skins, and they were the wrong color. No problem. They said i could keep both sets of skins, while they fix the color issues.

I used the old skins, and the new skins.

I just got my replacement skins, and i get to keep all the old skins (sending back the color issue ones) and she sent me a canopy too!

so now i have TWO full sets of skins.

Now that rocks.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Hey Jen, Did you ever adjust the handlebar before folding it?

I adjusted it every time, but it still came a little closer than I was comfortable with... tons of slush here.

I wanted the valco double ever since i saw it online.

then i went and saw it in person.

uber heavy
they couldn't show me how to fold it
it doesn't go through doorways
very awkward shape

It is heavy... but no heavier than the other two she's looking at or the type of stroller she seems to be after. Heavy never bothered me... I lift it in/out of a trunk, I'm not carrying it around with me. :D

The fold is amazing. The handle folds down and then the stroller folds over on itself... the wheels never leave the ground and it gets nice and flat (same size as the BJCSD). It is a two step fold, but again... never bothered me.

It absolutely goes through doorways... all of them, so I'm not sure where this came from? It can go wherever a wheel chair can go. :)

Not sure what you mean by awkward shape? It's the same shape as the other BR and the BJSCD.

Not trying to pick on you... just clarifying/adding another viewpoint. :)

Valco also has a better/wider/longer foot rest which is important as they get older... so does the BJCSD. The BR seems to be lacking in that area as does the BJ Mini. :eek:

Are we bugging the hell out of you yet?

ETA: I was with MSK when she saw the Valco. We drug our preggo butts & our toddlers out to go look at it. I agree w/ her. It was rather big, couldn't figure out the fold (more a store issue though as the sales person had no clue how to & they had no manual for it) & it didn't fit through their door (seriously).

BW1426

Don't buy a double without seeing if it will fit in your trunk. I'm here to tell you that the taking the wheels off every freakin' time is so not fun at all. AT ALL. ugh.

I think the Baby Jogger City Elite is a really sharp looking stroller and would go with that over the BR.

Hee hee. Baby jogger (no which of the city series you choose) seems to be the board fave. I think we've all pounded BJ down your throat at this point. When get your stroller let us know what you got & how you like it when it arrives.

Cyrene

the bumbleride is one beautiful stroller... I've seen the single and even the double irl... and they are just gorgeous.

I've never seen anyone regret a bumbleride purchase... they are amazing.

That said, the seats are not big at all... not on the indie or the double indie.

now, it would cost a ton more, but for that weight and all, I'd be thinking ABC twin Everest... of course, I'd score it on swap instead of paying to ship from NZ, and so I'd end up spending as much as you plan to, but that's me.... brand new is not a deal breaker.

With your budget and given that you may hate the bulk (most petite moms end up hating bulk of any kind) of a 30+lb stroller (my petite friend loved the ABC twin for what it could do... hold more than two kids by adding on a seat or two up top, but she hated the size and bulk of it... as opposed to me who probably would have had it as my only double stroller until she no longer needed a double)

If you want something lighter weight and all terrain, I'd say you need to look at the Regular Baby Jogger sbs stroller... but if you don't NEED the air tires, the city mini is a DREAM to push.

I'd also look at the Dreamer Design doubles... they are fantastic and returnsforsale.com has one in closeout condition for under 300

http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1222

you can find reviews of it here

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamer-Design-Deluxe-Manhattan-Jogger/dp/B000O56MR6

I think that Dreamer Design may be the one I returned. This is my post from a different thread:

I ordered a Dreamer Design Ditto Manhattan Deluxe a few weeks ago after searching everywhere for the best deals on doubles and of course not a few days later I saw this deal posted

Well my dreamer design came from joggingstrollers.com and the box it was delivered in looked like Swiss cheese, the frame was tweaked and wouldn't lock open (til my Dh fixed it) and the front was boogered up from where it was poking through the box. The final straw was trying to fold the darn thing (think wrestling a grown cow to the pavement) which took two of us because it kept hanging up and wouldn't collapse until the other day when the fabric ripped all the way down the side (yea, I guess that's where it was hanging up) any way, I sent that thing back and turned around and ordered a BJCD from BU which should be here on Tuesday and I can't wait! I'm glad to hear you love it but I admit I was hoping for some pics LOL

I have had my Baby jogger city double for a few weeks now and I'm in love! I regret not having bought it sooner, the stroller makes me want more kids just so I can get more use out of it LOL:love: I already have 5 and DH says no more so I guess I'll have to enjoy it while I can.

All kidding aside, you can't go wrong with this stroller. If it wasn't already the best stroller I've ever owned in every way I would recommend it just based on the fold alone.

I liked the look of it before I ordered the Dreamer Design but didn't want to spend $600.00 for it. Luckily a deal was posted here for $339.99 and I snatched it up but I can assure you without a doubt it is worth the $600.00 price tag.

Cyrene

Jordynsmama

So is the city bj as easy to push and would it fit in my trunk?
are the wheels better for dirt/gravel/zoo/d-land-etc.....we are always on the go and going to long walking places. is it wider than the mini???

considering.....

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-swivel-city-classic-double-2008-black.html

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-mini-double-2009-stone-black.html

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-swivel-city-elite-series-double-black-black-.html

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-swivel-city-elite-series-double-brown-tan.html

Last edited:

Cyrene

The BJ City Double has 12 inch bike tires so it is great for going everywhere. If you're an avid jogger it may not be the stroller for you simply because it doesn't have the 16 inch rear wheels but if you jog occasionally then it will be fine. It turns on a dime and pushes easily with one hand.

I'm really not sure why someone would go with the mini over the city? they are almost identical but you get the all terrain use out of the city because of the tires.

Mine fits in the back of my van better than any other double I've had and for the first time I don't have to leave my stroller at home when I go grocery shopping.

Jordynsmama

Okay you guys, epecially MSK....you will be happy to know I decided to get the
BJSCC....http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-swivel-city-classic-double-2008-black.html

Its 399 on sale! I figured for the same price it was a better choice than the mini b/c of the wheels and the fact that we are often out and about and my mom wants to take it on trails and stuff, plus I like the footrest much better and I like the shape and design better.

So anyhoo I will be ordering it hopefully this weekend and will show pics asap!

Thank you guys for your help-I think this is a great choice.

vonfirmath

Cyrene, for single, we chose the Mini over the next step up because of 1) price and 2) fitting in the back of the car. There were concerns if the next size up would fit as easy.

The Mini has done fine for everything I have asked of it -- including today's trip across the fields outside two schools to the playground.

Jordynsmama

Cyrene, for single, we chose the Mini over the next step up because of 1) price and 2) fitting in the back of the car. There were concerns if the next size up would fit as easy.

The Mini has done fine for everything I have asked of it -- including today's trip across the fields outside two schools to the playground.

See so since its the same price that takes care of that and I am sure it'll fit. Do you guys think it will fit in my altima if its cleaned out?
I am still sad about the BR. Its so damn cute and I couldnt wait to roll around with it.....:whistle:

MySillyKids

Cant find the demensions...is the mini and the city the same hight and width when pushing?

City and Mini... are the SAME stroller.

you mean the City Classic?

i'm sure the mini is lighter, since it has less plastic. (the footrests/wheels on the classic make it heavier.) Not sure what the fold looks like on the Classic.

I WILL say, however, Lovinwaves had a classic, and sold it for the City Mini.

you can go to www.babyjogger.com and check things out there!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

GAH!

(anything to talk you into the stroller)

IMG_1253.jpg

see swiveled wheels

(wheels off in this photo)
IMG_1283.jpg

I have never once taken the wheels off of the stroller, and i did that day. push of 1 button, and they were off.

SEVEN inches. thats it! thats AMAZING.

These are really awesome photos. It makes me want one in a single!!! :D I think I want the orange color though. :p My DD is 3 1/2 yrs though. Do I need one? It'd make a great mall stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC