I figured out the stroller I am getting-input?

ADS

Jordynsmama

why, why waste my time?

i mean, really.

because OMGZ uber cute wins over functionality, is just baffling to me.

I am still considering it now b/c I like the color and I like the price and you guys seem to LOVE it so much. I hate the way the snap n go turns. Is this stroller easyt o turn b/c I really want the swivel effect. To me thats way more important than how heavy it is.

Like I said, I carry both seats like 4 times a day a long distance and up stairs. So whats 34lbs for like 5 seconds to put it in my trunk? Its just not an issue for me. Thats the only function problem and to me its just not a problem b/c I know what I am capable of. And I really want a cute stroller. I had an ugly stroller with dd and I hate the ugly snap n go. And aside from the ehaviness which again not a factor, the BR seems to be a good stroller.

Yes, the front wheels swivel. The stroller can go over every terrain you can think of. The colors (IMO) are comparable to the BR. The dimensions aren't that different.

BR:
Standing Dimensions: 36L 29.5W 34.5H
Folded Dimensions: 32L 29.5W 15H

BJ:
Dimensions

Width
29"
Ground to Handle
41.25"
Stroller Length
30.25"
Seat Back
19.75"
Hip to Knee
9"
Knee to Foot
9"
Folded Dimensions
29.5 x 29 x 11"

The BJ canopy offers much better sun protection. You get the extra 5lbs per seat. You say J was in 99th percentile, what if Kingston is the same. Growth charts are different for boys so he could be that by 3.5 instead & if you go on a long trip (like to the Zoo for example) your BJ would still be useable.

It's some more food for thought for ya. It really is about what you like & think will work best for you & the kiddos. I don't think the BJCMD is too small. I'm a bit baffled by that because my much larger then ave 3yo fits very well in it w/ room to grow. Aren't ppl always complaining about doubles not fitting in places because they are too big?

MySillyKids

GAH!

(anything to talk you into the stroller)

IMG_1253.jpg

see swiveled wheels

(wheels off in this photo)
IMG_1283.jpg

I have never once taken the wheels off of the stroller, and i did that day. push of 1 button, and they were off.

SEVEN inches. thats it! thats AMAZING.

if there's a specific pic you want let me know.

Jordynsmama

Yes, the front wheels swivel. The stroller can go over every terrain you can think of. The colors (IMO) are comparable to the BR. The dimensions aren't that different.

BR:
Standing Dimensions: 36L 29.5W 34.5H
Folded Dimensions: 32L 29.5W 15H

BJ:
Dimensions

Width
29"
Ground to Handle
41.25"
Stroller Length
30.25"
Seat Back
19.75"
Hip to Knee
9"
Knee to Foot
9"
Folded Dimensions
29.5 x 29 x 11"

The BJ canopy offers much better sun protection. You get the extra 5lbs per seat. You say J was in 99th percentile, what if Kingston is the same. Growth charts are different for boys so he could be that by 3.5 instead & if you go on a long trip (like to the Zoo for example) your BJ would still be useable.

It's some more food for thought for ya. It really is about what you like & think will work best for you & the kiddos. I don't think the BJCMD is too small. I'm a bit baffled by that because my much larger then ave 3yo fits very well in it w/ room to grow. Aren't ppl always complaining about doubles not fitting in places because they are too big?

Well Ill look into it. :) Thank you!!!

brittany741

I had a Bumbleride but was not a fan. It just didn't have a good, solid feel to me.

I have a Valco now and I am in love.

Have you seen the Bumbleride in person?

Kat_Momof3

the bumbleride is one beautiful stroller... I've seen the single and even the double irl... and they are just gorgeous.

I've never seen anyone regret a bumbleride purchase... they are amazing.

That said, the seats are not big at all... not on the indie or the double indie.

now, it would cost a ton more, but for that weight and all, I'd be thinking ABC twin Everest... of course, I'd score it on swap instead of paying to ship from NZ, and so I'd end up spending as much as you plan to, but that's me.... brand new is not a deal breaker.

With your budget and given that you may hate the bulk (most petite moms end up hating bulk of any kind) of a 30+lb stroller (my petite friend loved the ABC twin for what it could do... hold more than two kids by adding on a seat or two up top, but she hated the size and bulk of it... as opposed to me who probably would have had it as my only double stroller until she no longer needed a double)

If you want something lighter weight and all terrain, I'd say you need to look at the Regular Baby Jogger sbs stroller... but if you don't NEED the air tires, the city mini is a DREAM to push.

I'd also look at the Dreamer Design doubles... they are fantastic and returnsforsale.com has one in closeout condition for under 300

http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1222

you can find reviews of it here

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamer-Design-Deluxe-Manhattan-Jogger/dp/B000O56MR6

Jordynsmama

I had a Bumbleride but was not a fan. It just didn't have a good, solid feel to me.

I have a Valco now and I am in love.

Have you seen the Bumbleride in person?

Just the one I have-the flyer.
I saw the valco's-I am not in love with the look plus they are expensive anyway.

Jordynsmama

the bumbleride is one beautiful stroller... I've seen the single and even the double irl... and they are just gorgeous.

That said, the seats are not big at all... not on the indie or the double indie.

now, it would cost a ton more, but for that weight and all, I'd be thinking ABC twin Everest... of course, I'd score it on swap instead of paying to ship from NZ, and so I'd end up spending as much as you plan to, but that's me.... brand new is not a deal breaker.

With your budget and given that you may hate the bulk (most petite moms end up hating bulk of any kind) of a 30+lb stroller (my petite friend loved the ABC twin for what it could do... hold more than two kids by adding on a seat or two up top, but she hated the size and bulk of it... as opposed to me who probably would have had it as my only double stroller until she no longer needed a double)

If you want something lighter weight and all terrain, I'd say you need to look at the Regular Baby Jogger sbs stroller... but if you don't NEED the air tires, the city mini is a DREAM to push.

I'd also look at the Dreamer Design doubles... they are fantastic and returnsforsale.com has one in closeout condition for under 300

http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1222

you can find reviews of it here

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamer-Design-Deluxe-Manhattan-Jogger/dp/B000O56MR6

Im not really petite. Im 5'5 and strong lol.
That dreamer one looks nice. I want to find a twin indie in person.

Jordynsmama

Yeah but the dreamer is very bulky and folds to 18! Its kinda big-very big wheels.

I think its either the mini jogger or the indie.......

Niea

Well, like I said, I do have one and I do kinda regret it. My biggest issues are that it pushes like crap when the handle is in the reversed position, the wheels squeak really loud, and there's this support bar that crosses right over the basket, preventing you from putting in even a moderately sized diaper bag. I can put more stuff in my Volo's basket than I can the Flyer. Not cool! And the whole reason I bought it was for the reversible handle -- I'm barely 5'0 and even I kick the wheels when I walk.

ETA, I thought of another thing that drives me crazy. The wheels are so slick that when I'm using the stroller indoors (on tile) and I'm trying to turn it, the whole stroller slides instead of turning!

I've had the thing for a couple of years and although I think it looks nice, it's poor functionality makes me want to leave it at home. I've used it like twice in the last year, which is unfortunate for such an expensive stroller.

lovinwaves

Wow really? That's not what I have read on StrollerSwap. Hm.

Also wouldn't recommending the Dreamer Design be taking a step back for the OP? Any of the BJs would fit her situation much better. :thumbsup:

lovinwaves

Jessica, as you may know I used to sell strollers. High-end strollers.

Let me just say this..if you were my client that I was working with I wouldn't even mention the Bumblerides to you, or in fact any other brands that I sold. Given your situation and that you need this as an ALL-around stroller, the BJ would be first on my list to mention to you.

FWIW, we never even sold the Bumblerides. The lady that I worked for found their quality to not be up to par in her opinion. Or, she felt you could get more bang for your buck (functionality, warranty, etc..) with another stroller company. I know they have amazing fabrics, but in the function of the stroller this is a minor thing.

You can always make a stroller cuter too. We have a member here that has this website: http://www.nummybaby.com/

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
We had a BJCSD (not the mini) and I adored it for walks outside and off-roading on trails... turned on a dime.

I didn't like it so much at the mall... while it fit through pretty much every door and still turned on a dime, it was still a SBS and drove me slightly crazy. However, with twins I'd want a SBS, so that's sort of a moot point... they'll all drive you slightly crazy at the mall. :D

I had to get used to the fold... I don't mind a two step/handed fold on other strollers, what I really like is the handle bar to be no where near the wheels because we have snow/mud to deal with here. Unfortunately, this is where the BJCSD loses in my opinion.

The sunshades however on the BJCSD are freakin' amazing and win hands down... that might be more necessary in So. Cal. for you.

I'd much rather have a Valco and keep that handle bar away from the wheels... you may not have that issue as much in So. Cal though. ;) I adore the Valco and if I was having twins, it's the stroller I'd get. :twocents:

Off to look up this BR you're talking about... haven't seen it online or irl... I'll be back to edit if I think it's more amazing than the Valco. :D

ETA: Okay I looked at it (and watched the videos)... the Valco still wins, followed closely by the BJCSD (I'm still not totally a Mini fan, unless you spend a lot of time in smaller stores in the mall). If your outdoors the majority of the time, I'd rather have the Valco or BJCSD.

lovinwaves

Hey Jen, Did you ever adjust the handlebar before folding it? I always did, and never had a problem with my handlebar touching my wheels.

With the Mini, of course the handlebar is stationary, but I have never had any issues with snow, or mud getting on the handlebars.

I never really minded shopping with my BJ City Classic, but once I got my Mini it was MUCH MUCH easier. I believe it is shorter from front to back. That was huge for me, because when you need to spin or turn around, it keeps you from hitting racks, and corners in the aisles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC