I figured out the stroller I am getting-input?

Jordynsmama

I decided to get the Bumbleride Twin Indie in Koa. Its on sale for 499 with free shipping. Its all terrain-kinda jogger kinda not, my single BR is easy to push, it has great reviews, its soooo cute, reasonable and it seems to fit my needs.
Any experiences positive/negative?

ADS

lovinwaves

Have you seen the fold of that stroller? :eek: It's 34lbs, and doesn't exactly fold flat. I'm thinking that wouldn't fit in a car trunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb13DjArxWY At 3:35 they show the horrible fold, and the awkwardness of getting it in and out of a vehicle.

Looks like a cute stroller, but not something I would want to deal with everytime I took my twins out.

What about a Baby Jogger City Series Elite/City/Classic? Extremely well built, been around for years, awesome customer service, kick arse warranty. :)

Ok, I admit the Bumblerides are pretty dang "cuuuute", but seriously cute doesn't cut it when taking out three kids with two of them being infant twins :p

Niea

I don't have that model, but I do have the Bumbleride Flyer. It's a single "regular" stroller and while it's cute, it does have a few very annoying "features". It also takes up the entire cargo area of my SUV. I can only image how much room the Twin Indie would take. Yikes!

So you said you have a BR already. Do you have the Flyer or something else?

lovinwaves

Jessica, The Baby Jogger Mini Double that MSK posted about doesn't have air tires, but if you must have those (essentially making it an all-terrain) the Mother stroller of the Mini would either be the Classic or the Elite(costs more, more features, etc..) All of those City series strollers (The City, The Elite, and the Mini) have the same quick one step fast fold, and all fold pretty dang flat. To make them even more flatter, the wheels have a quick release feature.

But to be honest, the Mini that MSK posted about has oversized plastic tires. They *can* handle some offroad, and definitely any uneven streets or sidewalks. There is a suspension in the tires as well. :thumbsup:

Hiya Jessica.

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry if I come off as snarky because I likely will.

I remember your post looking for double SBS stroller & you shot down every single one them mentioned. You shot down the BJCMD saying you didn't want a jogger but the BR looks more jogger like then the BJCMD. I dunno what you drive but that BR looks positively atrocious. Plus, who wants to go through that many steps & take that much time to fold the stroller when you've already taken a crapload of time to get 3 kiddos in the car (ok, maybe not a crapload but it does take a little extra time)? How much strength do you have? Do you really want to have to lift 34lbs a minimum of 4 times for a trip (putting in when heading out, taking out when getting there, putting back in when leaving, taking back out when arriving)?

The BJCMD is so easy (remember, I'm truly 1 handed) & I can push it, fold it & get it in my mini van no issues. If you want a pic of it folded I'll get one but I can provide you a pic of the box it came in. Sure, it doesn't fold as flat as it is in the box (well, it actually does, just the wheels stick out a tad) & it doesn't lock when folded, but I :love: it.

kdk_0031.jpg

kdk_0033.jpg

celtic1885

Jessica, The Baby Jogger Mini Double that MSK posted about doesn't have air tires, but if you must have those (essentially making it an all-terrain) the Mother stroller of the Mini would either be the Classic or the Elite(costs more, more features, etc..) All of those City series strollers (The City, The Elite, and the Mini) have the same quick one step fast fold, and all fold pretty dang flat. To make them even more flatter, the wheels have a quick release feature.

But to be honest, the Mini that MSK posted about has oversized plastic tires. They *can* handle some offroad, and definitely any uneven streets or sidewalks. There is a suspension in the tires as well. :thumbsup:

thank you! I was wondering about that.........off to order my BJCMD on Friday! whoo ho!

The BJCMD is so easy (remember, I'm truly 1 handed) & I can push it, fold it & get it in my mini van no issues. If you want a pic of it folded I'll get one but I can provide you a pic of the box it came in. Sure, it doesn't fold as flat as it is in the box (well, it actually does, just the wheels stick out a tad) & it doesn't lock when folded, but I :love: it.

Thank you for sharing your pictures! Your girls are absolutely adorable! I can't believe how much they've grown. I'm ordering my BJCMD on Friday (finally!) and was debating between the orange and the green. I :love: was leaning towards the orange :love: and seeing it again just helped me make the final decision!

Jordynsmama

I don't have that model, but I do have the Bumbleride Flyer. It's a single "regular" stroller and while it's cute, it does have a few very annoying "features". It also takes up the entire cargo area of my SUV. I can only image how much room the Twin Indie would take. Yikes!

So you said you have a BR already. Do you have the Flyer or something else?

I have the flyer and like it. It folds big but once I clean out my mess of a trunk I can fitb a big stroller. I fit the double snap n go, laundry baskets, bags of crap, books, toys and other stuff. If I completely clkean out my trunk which is disgusting so it gives me a reason, it will fit fine.
I just LOVE it okay:p

Jordynsmama

=LuckyFins3Lil'Fish;754660]Hiya Jessica.

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry if I come off as snarky because I likely will.

I remember your post looking for double SBS stroller & you shot down every single one them mentioned. You shot down the BJCMD saying you didn't want a jogger but the BR looks more jogger like then the BJCMD. I dunno what you drive but that BR looks positively atrocious. Plus, who wants to go through that many steps & take that much time to fold the stroller when you've already taken a crapload of time to get 3 kiddos in the car (ok, maybe not a crapload but it does take a little extra time)? How much strength do you have? Do you really want to have to lift 34lbs a minimum of 4 times for a trip (putting in when heading out, taking out when getting there, putting back in when leaving, taking back out when arriving)?

I looked at this one and almost decided on it but the front wheeels seem soooo small. I dont like the joggers with the one big wheel is what I meant-the true joggers but the twin indie is just ridiculously cute period. And the front wheels look bigger and it seems a littlke bigger in general. Soem complaints about the one u have is that it was kinda small.
As far as time/size/space. Let me tell you nothing stops me. I carry both carseats(one in ech hand) and a heavy ass diaper bag by myself across the parking lot down the sidewalk and upstairs to my apt. with madisyn weighing 15 lbs and kingston 13 and the carseats like 10 each-thats probably 50 lbs like 4 times a day b/c I am always on the go everyday. I even do it in the morning to get jordyn to school by 8 and I get them all ready alone and carry them alone. I am quick, and I have bases in my car. Im a pretty fast paced person so all that stuff doesnt bother me. But that stroller was my second choice definitely:) Oh and they are SOOOOOOO cute:love:

ZephyrBlue

Great price at Albeebaby for the BJ! For us, $100 less would be significant, but I know that other people have more disposable income than we do :)

I loved loved loved our BJ City double.

MySillyKids

45lb weight limit (90 capacity) on that BR would hold me back too.

the BJCMD is 100lbs.

Lets see.

BJCMD:

$100 less
More weight limit
better fold
more compact
UBER CUTE

BR:

less weight
more money
not easy fold
UBER CUTE
odd size when folded.

yea, i'd want the BJCMD. hmmm..

Jordynsmama

If I was gonna get a BJ I would get the BJ city elite swivel which is 450 on AB.
I like the swivel and the bigger wheals as we will be on dirt paths/trails/etc, and I like how its a tad bigger.

I do like the city mini is stone/black. So whats with teh front wheeels? Can I take it on dirt paths/trails...does it swivel when you turn?

MySillyKids

If I was gonna get a BJ I would get the BJ city elite swivel which is 450 on AB.
I like the swivel and the bigger wheals as we will be on dirt paths/trails/etc, and I like how its a tad bigger.

I do like the city mini is stone/black. So whats with teh front wheeels? Can I take it on dirt paths/trails...does it swivel when you turn?

I'll take as many pics of the stroller as you like, so you can see.

I've pushed the BJCMD over rocks, sand, cracked side walks, NO issue, even with the wheels.

lemme dig out the folded pics

Jordynsmama

45lb weight limit (90 capacity) on that BR would hold me back too.

the BJCMD is 100lbs.

Lets see.

BJCMD:

$100 less
More weight limit
better fold
more compact
UBER CUTE

BR:

less weight
more money
not easy fold
UBER CUTE
odd size when folded.

yea, i'd want the BJCMD. hmmm..

See the UBER CUTE makes everything else insignificant:)
And Jordyn was 4.5 at 45lbs and she did not ride in a stoller anymore(and she was 99% tile)-plus you can usually go a little over weight limits anyway. Plus by then Ill just get a new stroller if necessary! Thats a lot of years for one stroller and 2 kids. I had to buy a new stroller with J after a few yrs b/c it looked like crap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC