True Fit use with a newborn

JerseyGirl'sMama

I am considering a TF for my next baby and I went this weekend and found one to play around with. I like it but have some questions - maybe you guys can help me out?

I liked all the newborn inserts and padding, but it looked like it might be a bit of a pain. It seemed like the pads had a tendency to move around, so I got the feeling that I would have to constantly re-adjust them when I put baby in each time. Is that the case?

Also, I like to loosen the harness and re-tighten each time. With the harness adjuster button being so low on the seat, how practical is this going to be with this seat?

Any other ideas/thoughts?

ADS

Blondie87

In the day that I used it for an newborn.. I didn't notice the padding moving around at all. When it's at a 45 degree angle it doesn't move much. You might just have to make sure the headrest is in the right spot. Other then that no, the other padding doesn't move at all.

And you are getting the ARB one aren't you? You definately wouldn't have a problem with the adjuster then, since they fixed that problem. But even with the old one, if your seatbacks recline at all, that helps alot. And also with it being at a 45 degree angle for a newborn, the adjuster straps is more accessible.

JerseyGirl'sMama

Thanks Codi. I do plan on getting an ARB TF, if I get one, so that is good to hear. I didn't think my car allowed installs with the seatbacks in a reclined position?

Splash

I loved the idea of them, but the crotch strap is so short that it was PAINFUL for Sam to use the inserts. Really, really bad. So I took them out, but without them I didn't like the way he fit. I thought about cutting off the bottom and just using the back of the insert, but instead decided just to chuck the seat entirely. Too bad, since it only cost me $125 and Target destroyed it when it went back, with tags still attached and the other not even opened :(

Splash

I did, but he screamed in that, too. So I sold it. Dumb dumb dumb. I really wish I would have kept it, but he was happy in the BV, so happy, and SO upset in the MCP, every time. So, instead of waiting to see if it would change, I sold it for so cheap I almost gave it away. I just wanted him to be happy, and he was/is very happy in the BV. But the BV just doesn't cut it for me...

BW1426

I loved the idea of them, but the crotch strap is so short that it was PAINFUL for Sam to use the inserts. Really, really bad. So I took them out, but without them I didn't like the way he fit. I thought about cutting off the bottom and just using the back of the insert, but instead decided just to chuck the seat entirely. Too bad, since it only cost me $125 and Target destroyed it when it went back, with tags still attached and the other not even opened :(

Why did they destroy it? I know that taking seats back is a liability--obviously, but I've yet to hear of a place actually destroying seats. I'm surprised they would even allow seats to be returned if they had to be destroyed.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Why did they destroy it? I know that taking seats back is a liability--obviously, but I've yet to hear of a place actually destroying seats. I'm surprised they would even allow seats to be returned if they had to be destroyed.

Liability. All of our returned seats are supposed to be destroyed as well, and they've gotten more stringent on enforcing it. They're also being more strict about carseat returns and not taking it back if it's been used. But they keep taking back new ones that didn't work because of the store's overall return policy. I think they eat the expense to keep the customer happy - and because in most cases the same customer turns around and buys more at the store if they're happy. :shrug-shoulders:

Splash

Actually, I don't know what they did. I bought them online, they didn't work, I returned them. One was never opened, one was opened, installed, used once, returned. BOTH went back on the shelf the next day. I know because I bought them back! I wanted so badly for them to work, but they didn't, so AJ returned them again. They told her right then they would be defected and destroyed. I was upset so I called the manager and offered to buy them back immediately, but he said they were already gone (super doubtful, since it was only an hour later or so). He said they "never" reshelve car seats, which I know is bunk since he reshelved THESE seats, which still had my name and address on them! (I took off the packing slip, didn't realize that there were 4 OTHER labels on there as well). And I've bought seats from Target several times and returned them, and they always end up back on the shelf.

With these seats, one wasn't even opened and both still had all tags attached. Didn't matter, I suppose. Heck, I should have just kept everything out of them and returned just the shell!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC