2nd slots in SS1

NannyMom

When did your child move to the 2nd slots in the SS1?

MomBoss had mentioned to me a week or 2 ago she thought the straps needed to be moved up in BabyS's SS1. I looked and no, she had a good 3 inches. I noticed yesterday she has 1/2 inch of less! Her shoulders might even be exactly even with the slots right now. I'll have to stick something in to see.

Baby S is only 2 months old (today). Is this normal baby torso growth? Or is she going to have a long torso? I don't remember much about Sofi in her carseat as a baby. All I know is it seems like Sofi was 6 months before she was as big as BabyS is now :eek: I can't wait to see how much she weighs tomorrow :)

ADS

NannyMom

How much does she weigh?

I think we'll soon have to make a trip to BRU and put her in a SR just for kicks.

AlmostFive

I had to move dd to the 2nd slots on our SS1 at about 2 months. She was 14lb 10oz. However, at 9 1/2 months now, she would still be in the second slots.

Spam

I think I moved them up at 2 months as well. DS was 14lbs and 23 3/4". Moved to the third slots about 5 months 20.5lbs and 28" and now at almost 8 months 25lbs. 31.5" he has outgrown it.

vonfirmath

I don't remember exactly. 2 or 3 months. It was VERY early and made me paranoid he'd grow out of the SS1 quite early. But then he STAYED on those slots for 9 more months before approaching the 3rd slots.

Splash

About 7 weeks, 12ish pounds. He was slightly below them when I moved them up (1/4 inch at most) but the ones below were making him puke every time I tightened them, and then he would sccreeeeam. So I moved them up. He's over the second ones now at 3 months 14 pounds.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ds was about 1 to 1.5" over them when we bought the SS1 at 5.5mos. He still lasted in it until after 14mos - I don't know exactly when he outgrew it because I couldn't try him in it after that, but he was nearing that 1" of hard shell left at that point. :thumbsup: I think we moved to top slots right around 10.5mos or so. He was ever so slightly below them at that time but the harness fit so much better with moving them up that I made the decision to do it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC