Regents ARE Discontinued

dhardawa

I know we have discussed this possibility, but I received official notice from Britax yesterday that they are discontinuing the Regent. They think they have enough stock of Sahara to get them through 2009 though so they aren't gone right this instant.

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Wow. Not a smart move. The Frontier doesn't last near as long and is a whole lot harder to install. Kids are gonna outgrow that the same time as the GN which is not THAT old if you wanna really practice EHing. Maybe they have something up their sleeve? Although I think we already figured out all their new seats, and none were anything like the Regent

Jennifer mom to my 7

Okay, everyone keep me updated on when old dates of manufacture start to be sent. If my babies torso keeps this up, he will definitely need one. I guess I could go for the safeguard instead though:whistle: Ahh, just have to wait and see.

I knew it :rolleyes:.

It really stinks for the tall torso kids. I am so lucky my last child is short torso and the nautilus will last him forever.
They better get their quirks out of the frontier(I have owned one) before they discontinue the regent.

anysia

huh. :thumbsdown: well, maybe that will solve my "which seat should i purchase now" dilemma....

i don't want to purchase it now though if i'm going to purchase something to keep dd rearfacing longer. she's one of the long torso'd club and frankly, there just isn't anything else out there that will likely keep her harnessed "forever" like the regent may be able to do.

geez, WHY do they have to keep throwing new loops into my plans? :(

Splash

huh. :thumbsdown: well, maybe that will solve my "which seat should i purchase now" dilemma....

i don't want to purchase it now though if i'm going to purchase something to keep dd rearfacing longer. she's one of the long torso'd club and frankly, there just isn't anything else out there that will likely keep her harnessed "forever" like the regent may be able to do.

geez, WHY do they have to keep throwing new loops into my plans? :(

You can't plan that far in advance on car seats. You really can't.

There are seats on the market now that will keep most children harnessed until they are well old enough for a booster. The regent isn't "it" anymore and because people aren't buying it (which they obviously aren't, or they wouldn't kill it) there is no reason to keep producing it.

Methinks that the harness height on the Frontier is going to creep up, maybe not AS high as the Regent (which really is overkill for most kids), but higher than it currently is and high enough to appease the masses.

Melizerd

Notice though that the post was very carefully worded - there are "no formal plans" etc. Apparently the plans may have been formalized as 4 days later is "at some point down the road"... :whistle:

I'll be really disappointed that instead of not saying anything she said that then. Really bad PR IMO to say something that leads people to believe it's not being discontinued now and then FOUR days later have something.

I'd like to see the official notice before I start flaming though ;)

Yoshi

Crap. That was my only hope of keeping DS harnessed till six+.

He is so young, by the time he outgrows the True-Fit FF, you may find there is an awesome new seat for your needs. Unless he has a super-long torso by age 6 (like 17" or more) you can rest easy.

Notice though that the post was very carefully worded - there are "no formal plans" etc. Apparently the plans may have been formalized as 4 days later is "at some point down the road"... :whistle:

Before I become a britax hater ;-) I will want to see official word too.
I don't get why they would tell the kyle miller foundation and others that it was going to be discontinued and she come on her saying it wasn't.

Sarah Tilton???????

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC