Question Why do i keep seeing people say this?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I just read yet another therad saying the avenue top slots are higher than the marathons? Dd has a torso of just under 16 inches, sitting (although it seems she "gains" some when sitting in a carseat), and is OVER the avenue top slots. But she has an inch left in the marathon.
I don't get it. :confused:

ADS

dhardawa

Maybe the same reason people say the Marathon and the Frontier have the same height harness slots. :confused: Emily is over the top slots in the Marathon (finally, at 9 years old) and still has about an inch to grow in the Frontier.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Probably because unless you get a good upright install of the marathon, you don't get the full 17 inch of harness height because of the recline. THe avenue is 16 inches, the marathon 17, but dd outgrew it with a 16.5 inch torso.

Splash

I put Charlie in an Avenue last night and, though his shoulders were absolutely squished beyond anything reasonable, he still fit in the top slot. He has roughly the same amount of room as a MA, which is not much at all.

Shaunam

I haven't tried DS in the marathon (recently) installed in a car, but just compared to how he fit in the marathon and scenera in the store...you can bet he probably would have lasted just as long in the avenue as the marathon. He was right AT the top slots of the marathon just sitting on the floor of the store...in the upright position...so no natural recline of the car. And he's just barely over the top slots of the scenera (which are lower than the avenue's). So considering the avenue probably installs similar to the scenera...he'd lose less height in it.

Now if I could just get my hands on these seats to *actually* try them out....:rolleyes: I do think he'd still have a little height left in the avenue and little to none in the marathon.

Does babies'r'us have the avenue? I'd like to try him in these seats installed on the test bench to see how they'd act in a car.

Splash

The Avenue is only carried at K-Mart for some beyond bizarre reason. I went there last night solely to check it out, as for a fleeting moment of insanity I was actually thinking of ditching the BV for Sam in favor of the Avenue.

Shaunam

bleh...the closest kmart is like 30 miles away...not gonna happen! And I'm quite sure they won't have a test bench to try it out. :p

christineka

Sears and kmart are somehow related and both carry the avenue.

I sat my dd in both the marathon and the avenue and she had the same amount of shell over her head. I sat my ds in the avenue the other day. His shoulders were right at the top slots, but his shoulders were absolutely squished. Fortunately, my younger two children are skinny lightweights, so hopefully they will last in the seat comfortably.

Amaris

Our sears will no longer be carrying the avenue. I haven't been able to run out to kmart to check there. I hope they do!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe because Britax says the top torso height for the Marathon is 16"? (Mine always measured about 17", maybe they are trying to guide new consumers into not buying a seat that won't fit for longer than a week?...if you say 16", maybe the kid will fit in it 6-12 months?--just guessing, though!)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I know Evan has more room in the MA than in the Avenue. In the van though, he's too tall for the Avenue ffing, we had to retire it. In the house though, he has almost an inch before he's even w/ the top slots. Weird.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I got 16.25 when I measured my kid in an Avenue (uninstalled) at Sears. I got 16.5 when I measured my kid in a Marathon uninstalled. They're really not that much difference.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
AJ in MA.
dec07018.jpg

2 mos later in Uptown (same as Avenue). You can see the top slot right at the edge of his shoulder.
feb200804.jpg

skipspin

The Avenue is only carried at K-Mart for some beyond bizarre reason. I went there last night solely to check it out, as for a fleeting moment of insanity I was actually thinking of ditching the BV for Sam in favor of the Avenue.

Splash, the Sears at Citrus Park had a bunch a while ago, I haven't been back there in a while.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC