wwyd?

U

Unregistered

DD1 is in a radian at 5 years, 47lbs and 46"
DD2 seat is expiring and is 2 years, 27lbs and 33"

Should I get DD2 a True Fit or a new Alpha Omega. Or I could get DD1 a nautilus and pass the radian down to DD2. The other option is to put DD1 in a booster and give DD2 the radian.

In case it makes a difference, i would like to have another baby within the year.

What seats would you chose?

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd probably get DD2 a Nautilus/Frontier and leave DD1 in the Radian. When you do have another baby, DD1's Radian can go to the baby and DD1 can get a dedicated booster at that time.

ETA: Oops... I read 33lbs, not 33"... I'd also put DD1 in the Nautilus/Frontier (although she'd probably be a lot more comfy in a Frontier than a Nautilus), pass the Radian to DD2 (to continue RFing) until the baby is ready for the Radian. At that time DD1 gets a dedicated booster, DD2 gets the Frontier/Nautilus, and baby gets the Radian.

Comparison pics of all these seats (complete with my 6.5 year olds point of view) can be found by clicking here.

momto2princes

Assuming that DD#2 is RF I would probably pass down the Radian.
I would get DD#1 a Nautilus or Frontier.
When baby arrives (depending on expiration date of the Radian) I would get a dedicated booster for DD#1 and pass the Nautilus or Frontier to DD#2 and put NB in the Radian.

U

Unregistered

I'd probably get DD2 a Nautilus/Frontier and leave DD1 in the Radian. When you do have another baby, DD1's Radian can go to the baby and DD1 can get a dedicated booster at that time.

ETA: Oops... I read 33lbs, not 33"... I'd also put DD1 in the Nautilus/Frontier (although she'd probably be a lot more comfy in a Frontier than a Nautilus), pass the Radian to DD2 (to continue RFing) until the baby is ready for the Radian. At that time DD1 gets a dedicated booster, DD2 gets the Frontier/Nautilus, and baby gets the Radian.

Comparison pics of all these seats (complete with my 6.5 year olds point of view) can be found by clicking here.

I bought the Radian for DD1 because she was too tall for the frontier so it is not an option. She only has about an inch left before she would outgrow the nautilus.

U

Unregistered

Assuming that DD#2 is RF I would probably pass down the Radian.
I would get DD#1 a Nautilus or Frontier.
When baby arrives (depending on expiration date of the Radian) I would get a dedicated booster for DD#1 and pass the Nautilus or Frontier to DD#2 and put NB in the Radian.

Yes DD2 is still RF. We just got the Radian in the summer for DD1 and there is still at least 7 years left.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I bought the Radian for DD1 because she was too tall for the frontier so it is not an option. She only has about an inch left before she would outgrow the nautilus.

The Frontier is taller than the Radian (and the Nautilus)... are you perhaps thinking of the Marathon?

U

Unregistered

The Frontier is taller than the Radian (and the Nautilus)... are you perhaps thinking of the Marathon?

I am sure it was the frontier. She was too tall for it. It must just be the way she fits in it because her shoulders were over the heighest harness slots.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I am sure it was the frontier. She was too tall for it. It must just be the way she fits in it because her shoulders were over the heighest harness slots.

The display models must not have extended fully then. The Frontier and Nautilus have adjustable seatback/top and they have higher top harness slots than the Radian for sure.

U

Unregistered

The display models must not have extended fully then. The Frontier and Nautilus have adjustable seatback/top and they have higher top harness slots than the Radian for sure.

She has the same amount of growing room left in the nautilus as she does the radian but the frontier was too small for her

mommycat

Did you try her in the vehicle? Also, was the recline block on the harnessed position or the booster position (default pos'n) - the angle at which the seat was sitting might have made a difference in the way she sat in the seat. I think it would be worth it to take another look.

On the other hand, since she still has a fair bit of room in the Radian, I would buy a 35-lb RF seat for DD2. Which one would depend on the vehicle - will you need to be able to do 3 across with the baby? Then when DD1 outgrows the Radian you can pass that down to the baby and get her a dedicated booster.

(Another option could be the new Scenera for DD2 then pass down to baby and pass Radian to DD2 and buy the booster for DD1. But given the choice I would definitely go with a more padded seat.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC