Thoughts on P&T Sport Double...

JerseyGirl'sMama

So I went to Segal's and got to play around with the P&T sport double. At first, just playing with it myself, I was not impressed - but then a sales associate came to the rescue. She showed me exactly how it works for a newborn and a toddler, and how it folds in that mode. Then she transformed it back to the 2 toddler mode. And guess what? I think I am in LOVE! :love:

My complaints: It has a cheesy flimsy feeling brake, and the back wheels are a little wider than my single Bob. Other than disliking those things, I think this will work perfect for me.

ADS

monstah

I really like mine. Although, I am ready to move on, but that would just be too damn expensive. :p

My only real complaints:

The brake sucks.
The canopy is too small.
DD needs to have the shoulder harness straps on while in the back jumper seat, otherwise she grabs the wheels (even with the wheel guards there.)
-I keep a mini bike pump in the basket in case I end up with a flat.

What makes it well worth the price:

Easily fits anywhere.
While in "newborn mode" with toddler on front, I could fit the infant car seat right inside the stroller.
So many "modes" to choose from.
Steers like butter - Well... not so much anymore, since I have 68 pounds riding in it. :eek:

It a really cool stroller and the only other stroller I would consider replacing mine with is a Valco.

JerseyGirl'sMama

While in "newborn mode" with toddler on front, I could fit the infant car seat right inside the stroller.
So many "modes" to choose from.
Steers like butter - Well... not so much anymore, since I have 68 pounds riding in it. :eek:

What infant seat were you using? Was it the Keyfit? Did you set it inside the bassinet area?

It steered nice, but not like my Bob. The bob is defintiely more smooth, but given all the features of the double, worth it IMO.

seamonkeys

I'm surprised at both comments on the brake! My break is fine and really easy to lock/unlock (I just have the E3). My friend has the Sport model and her break is REALLY hard to lock/unlock! Seems very secure, but a pain to do!

I :love: my P&T!! Yeah, canopy sucks, but both my boys end up hating the canopy down anyway!

ETA: I tried sticking the KF in the newborn area, but I don't know how long that could last, cause it seemed there's not enough room for their legs/feet once they get longer. I prefer to do it the opposite way - infant seat in the front, throw the toddler in the back (my 3 yr-old fit fine back there even tho the front seat was reclined for the carseat!).

monstah

What infant seat were you using? Was it the Keyfit? Did you set it inside the bassinet area?

It steered nice, but not like my Bob. The bob is defintiely more smooth, but given all the features of the double, worth it IMO.

I was using a Snugride and I pray a Key Fit fits too. Yup, in the bassinet. I can't believe I don't have a picture of it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC