Britax HUGS tearing

BrendansMommy

I have been having all kinds of problems with the HUGS on my Britax seats tearing. They aren't that expensive to replace (last time it was like $12/set, I think), but it is frustrating all the same. I replaced the HUGS on my Regent less than two months ago and it has already torn, making this the second set that has torn on me in the Regent (after the warranty expired of course). I had one set tear on my in the BLVD (again, after the warranty expired).

Clearly, I must be doing something wrong, b/c I have never heard of anyone else having this problem. I just have no idea what that is. When I've called CS about it they say they aren't sure why and just tell me to get a new set.

Any thoughts?

ADS

melniemi

No idea. My dd used her first marathon for 4 years w/o any problems, hugs used the whole time. We've never had a hugs problem?? Does your son pull at them or anything?

BrendansMommy

He doesn't pull on them at all. It's so strange. It's got to be us though. 3 sets of HUGS on two different seats can't be coincidence, can it? :shrug-shoulders:

Mom to a few

Do you tighten and loosen the harness each time, or leave it tight?

I had that happen to a Blvd in the past, but it was the one I had in RF, and I wasn't tightening/loosening. I think when I was trying to buckle it together (with the harness still tight), the HUGS were catching a little on his clothes and causing the edge of the harness to pull against the edge of the HUGS (if that makes any sense to you at all!). Once the seat was FF, it was never a problem again because I was tightening/loosening again each time (and we've used 3 seats with HUGS FF).

If you are leaving the harness tight, maybe try tightening/loosening each time after you get the new set to see if that makes a difference.

Good luck--I know that's frustrating!

SPJ&E

None of the HUGS on Pacey's seats have torn and he has never messed with them at all. Joshua's are another story. He pulls on them and I know 1 set is torn a little bit, but I don't know about the other. I guess I'll have to order new ones before he turns FF (or is that a problem?).

BrendansMommy

Ok, we do not loosen/tighten every time. I hate that awful ratcheting mechanism on the BLVD and Regent. It takes forever to get it tight. I guess we'll start, though, if that's what is causing the HUGS problem. What a pain.

SPJ&E

Just wanted to add that we don't loosen/tighten everytime, because we also hate the ratcheting mechanism. We leave the harness where it needs to be and only adjust is we have to. We've always done that though and Pacey's aren't messed up. :rolleyes: Who knows!?

BrendansMommy

Just wanted to add that we don't loosen/tighten everytime, because we also hate the ratcheting mechanism. We leave the harness where it needs to be and only adjust is we have to. We've always done that though and Pacey's aren't messed up. :rolleyes: Who knows!?

Nice. So we can't be sure about the tightening/loosening thing. This is so frustrating. I guess I'll ask yet again when I call to buy replacements. Maybe they'll have some different info.

You when it first happened it was summer in Texas and I thought it was b/c it got so hot in the car. Second time was summer in Arkansas, so heat could still be an issue. Now it's winter in Arkansas, so heat isn't it.

If we didn't have to get ready for new baby, I'd be tempted to chuck the Regent and just get another Nautilus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC