Question outboard vs center

purplemama

Right now I have DS2 (15 months) outboard passenger side and DS1 (10 yrs.) outboard drivers side. I work nights, DH works days so the boys aren't really in the truck that much. The baby maybe twice, three times a week and the 10 year old maybe once a week. Once soccer practice starts DH will have both boys in his car (seating postions reversed and still both outboard) twice a week. I'm thinking of moving the baby to the center because I get in the back seat the get him in and DS1 has to wait outside or in the front seat. I get in because it's just too darn cold to put him in standing there with the door open. And center would be safer. But then I feel like only one of my monsters is safer and I'm cheating DS1 out of being safer. Ideally they both could sit center but we only have a 2nd row backseat.
So should I keep as is or move baby to center for easier getting him and greater safety?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Try this mantra: "Any seat in the back is very very safe. Do what is most convenient".

Repeat as often as necessary :)

Yes, of course it would be ideal to have the least protected child in the most protected spot, but sometimes things just don't work out that way. For us? There is just simply NO way to keep everyone comfortable and happy if I'm going to get all of us in the car... I'd LIKE to have my dd1 in a highback on one side, dd2 harnessed on the other, and ds in no booster in the middle, but the seatbelt doesn't fit him right, and he and dd1 fight like crazy, so I have to compromise and put the harnessed baby in the middle. It's really ok :thumbsup:

kaysmom

Thanks. I guess I keep overthinking things sometimes. I just wish it would hurry up and get warm!!

Ditto on the getting warm part...it would make life so much easier! And I agree with PP, sometimes you just have to do what is going to save your sanity!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC