Have you ever routed the seatbelt OVER the cover when installing a RF Britax Convertible?

Have you ever installed a rf Britax convertible with the seatbelt routed OVER the cover?

• Yes, I have - my own seat

Votes: 65 59.1%
  • Yes, I have - someone else's seat

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No, I haven't - but I like having this option

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No, I always route the seatbelt under the cover

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I have never installed a rf Britax convertible with seatbelt

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
ADS

Melizerd

Yup any time I had to move the seat to someone else's car for a day or an afternoon.

I'd be really sad if those slots weren't there.

Kat_Momof3

no... just never had to rush like that... but it is the ONLY way I'd do it on a plane, because I've been told it makes it so much easier.

Mommy0608

Yep, did it once for a seat I checked. Parents had it that way to begin with, so that's how it ended up. It seemed much easier than it would have been to go under the cover, since it was a small 2-door car.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Totally love this feature. I don't install that way in our everyday car, but when I move it just for a day. I totally do it over the cover. We have owned ras or bvs for over 8 yrs now. I really like that feature.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I always used to route the belt over the cover . . . until it struck me how wonderfully easy/quick it is to flip the cover up, totally out of the way :doh:

momtoirs

I have gone over the cover several times.

On an airplane
In a taxi
When installing in a coworker's car for her out of town grandchildren who came to visit.
When installing for out of town guests
When carpooling with friends and family

Tina

kaysmom

I put it over the cover once a week when I put it in the babysitters car. And here in MN when her car is sitting outside in the mornings I love the option of being able to do it a little faster!

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Thanks everyone! It's obvious from all the votes and responses that many of you do utilize that option. Personally, I've never seen a rf Britax convertible come into a check with the belt routed over (and I'm one of those who voted that they always route it under) so I wrongly assumed that no one really cared or took advantage of that option. I stand corrected. Thanks for all the feedback.

mommyto4

I always routed the seatbelt over the cover on my old Roundabout. I didn't even think about routing it under the cover. That was like 7 years ago though.

emandbri

Thanks everyone! It's obvious from all the votes and responses that many of you do utilize that option.

I wonder if most people don't know it is an option. I'm betting if you did a random sampling of parents with britax seats it would be much lower. I've never seen one come to a check with it over either but that would require parents to use a seat rear-facing. :whistle:

There are also less seat belt installs now that there is latch is so many cars. I don't recall the last time I put the seat belt over, probably when I had to put a MA in Brian's car. I've put them in my MIL's car and my mom's van but they both have latch.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC