Question Titan extra padding for older babies?

purplemama

Okay now that I have given up on and am selling the Como I'm stuck with my trusty Titan. I was playing around with it today and I was wondering if anyone has used the body and head pillow beyond the newborn stage? I can't try DS to see how it would be (nap time). I was just curious if anyone has done this. I guess it would depend on the child. I'm worried the head pillow might cause his head to flop forward but I have the raceway with the better pillow (not round, kinda has sides) so maybe that would help with the "to the side" head slump he gets when sleeping. Oh, and I read the manual ENTIRELY again and it says nothing about the padding only for certain ages or weights.

ADS

Brycen'sMommy

I have a Titan in raceway for my 10 month old. We use the bottom pillow for her because she fits better in the seat with it. She hates the head pillow so we don't use it but if she liked it we would use it. She sleeps just fine in it without the pillow. There's a pic of her in my siggy.

I checked my manual and it doesn't say anything about weight or age limits so if it works for your child then it would be fine.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
We dont use ours, the head pillow is unecesary,and the bottom padding just annoys me, and since our titan is our "spare" it gets moved around a lot, and having something in it that can just fall out while transporting it isn't helpful. Plus, for older kids, you are generally trying to eek out every bit of height possible out of the insanely short slots, so removing it only makes sense. For kids our age/size, there is certainly no harm is using it, or not using it.

purplemama

Well, tried him out in it with padding. Yeah, not going to work. Oh well I was just trying something new and different because I wanna play with new seats and I can't do that. Thanks for the advice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC