Good deals on Recaro at Albeebaby!

ADS

dhardawa

I realize this thread isn't about Baby Catalog, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered the Vivo from Baby Catalog for the same price and the DOM was 11/07! So, if you're shopping around and are considering Baby Catalog too, you should know that they are shipping very old stock. I have no idea how old the Albee Baby ones are.

BW1426

I realize this thread isn't about Baby Catalog, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered the Vivo from Baby Catalog for the same price and the DOM was 11/07! So, if you're shopping around and are considering Baby Catalog too, you should know that they are shipping very old stock. I have no idea how old the Albee Baby ones are.

Our vivo from Albee was more than a year old when it shipped.

dhardawa

Our vivo from Albee was more than a year old when it shipped.

See, I just don't get that. I had to wait on the one from Baby Catalog because it went out of stock. You'd think the stock they got from Recaro would be new. I wonder if Recaro was doing a special to the dealers to clear out old stock which is why they were so cheap. It doesn't really matter to me since we go through car seats like most people go through plastic forks and Emily will be done with it long before it expires, but for some people, that old seat could be problematic.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
hhhmmm..now you've got me scared,i just got a frontier through babycatalog, and am waiting on it to ship from britax....I hope britax ships a newer seat!

cheerbop

I don't know if they will respond, but I sent an email asking them what the DOM of these seats are. I am interested in ordering, but not if it is an old DOM.

Splash

It will probably be a 2007, most of them are. The seat is dirt cheap, and a nice seat, so 2 years old wouldn't really faze me on that seat.

Heather98012

Ok, I'm having a total blank out....is there an expiration date on the Vivo or Vivo Lite & if so, what is it?

OH...& FYI...Rightstart had it online for $55 but it's sold out. Gggrrr!

bfmarini

See, I just don't get that. I had to wait on the one from Baby Catalog because it went out of stock. You'd think the stock they got from Recaro would be new. I wonder if Recaro was doing a special to the dealers to clear out old stock which is why they were so cheap. It doesn't really matter to me since we go through car seats like most people go through plastic forks and Emily will be done with it long before it expires, but for some people, that old seat could be problematic.

Recaro has excessive stock on their current seats. They're selling through the inventory so they can bring in their new 2009 seats, which have now been delayed to later this year.

P1ally

Same prices at Hipmonkey, and ARRRG they're backordered... Idk what to do.. I want my seat now now now, and am tempted to cancel my order and reorder somewhere else.. But I really like the KDM foundation.. Sorry for the hijack :)

TerisBoys

Do.not.need.a Cobalt Blue Vivo.

Though it would look nice in my van :) Dark blue/gray interior. My Vivo is Midnight Desert (black/tan)

Closing Albeebaby and resisting the urge to look again.

christineka

Tempting... My turbobooster dd decided to sit in younger sister's vivo yesterday and said it was a lot more comfy. After driving home from the zoo with her head hanging down, while younger dd's was perfect in place, I will think about it if I don't need a turbobooster to get 3 across in my van. Ds would like the blue, but he's not going to a booster for a year, so I'll have to pass on him and hope for a great sale in a year or some other awesome booster. (I'd like a latcheable vivo.)

angelrabaa

It will probably be a 2007, most of them are. The seat is dirt cheap, and a nice seat, so 2 years old wouldn't really faze me on that seat.

Hi I was just wondering if You ordered one of these. I have been very back and forth worrying about how old They are and just wanted to see if Anyone ordered one and what the DOM ended up being? Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC