WWYRecommend? 14 mo old, 17 lbs, ~31"

rodentranger

My nephew is a skinny little man, but average height. He currently in a RA in Dad's 2004 Mazda 3 and a Diplomat in Mom's 2004 Expedition. They believe in ERF and will keep him rf until he finally hits 35 lbs.
My guess is that he'll be too tall for the RA/Diplomat before he's two. They are looking at the TF, but it does take up quite a bit of room in the Mazda rf.
I would venture a guess that he'll make it to booster age before hitting 40 lbs. Is there a 40 lb seat that is taller than the RA, but shorter than the TF?

ADS

Maedze

The Safety First Avenue is a 40 lb seat that will get the child rearfacing probably to at least age three if not longer.

BW1426

Why is it that the TF takes up a great deal of room RFing in the Mazda? I don't have a ton of experience with RA's, but have installed a couple. I find that they take up a tiny bit less space than the MA. In my car, I find that the TF takes up less space than the MA. So, though I haven't installed a RA and a TF in the same vehicle before I can't see how a TF would take up that much more space than a RA if it is installed upright.

If they're looking at 40 lb seats, the Priori may be an option.

rodentranger

Why is it that the TF takes up a great deal of room RFing in the Mazda? I don't have a ton of experience with RA's, but have installed a couple. I find that they take up a tiny bit less space than the MA. In my car, I find that the TF takes up less space than the MA. So, though I haven't installed a RA and a TF in the same vehicle before I can't see how a TF would take up that much more space than a RA if it is installed upright.

If they're looking at 40 lb seats, the Priori may be an option.
BIL would have to move his seat either forward a little bit or more upright for the TF. He already has it scooted up a bit more than he'd like to accommodate the RA. He's about 6'. Maybe it's the 5* difference in allowable incline?
I must be doing something horribly wrong with my installs because I'm not experiencing the better fit vs. the MA or the more legroom with the TF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC