Kia Sedona: Car seat issues/Servicing Question

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
We're thinking about maybe getting an 08/09 Sedona. We looked at an '08 the other day, but didn't play with car seats. It looked pretty standard, but is there anything weird I need to know, compatibility-wise? (Non-removable headrests, etc?)

Also, can we get the Sedona serviced at a Hyundai dealership? (They have the same parent company, right?)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I have an Optima and was told that I had to take it to a Kia dealership for servicing. I don't know if I might have gotten a different answer if I pressed.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Like I said, though, I didn't press it -- for me, I was asking out of curiosity because the dealerships are about the same distance. If you made it clear that it might be a dealbreaker, you might get a different answer, kwim?

Mine told me kia dealerships only(but, I would just call and ask)-they said otherwise it voids my warranty.

I love my kia sedona(2007) short base model. Just wish I would of gotten the long base.

The frontier was a pain in the butt to install with seatbelt
The radian was a pain in the butt to install with seatbelt

Every other seat was super easy. Anything with latch fits wonders.

The headrests are all removable. I have latch and tether in both captains chairs, latch in 2 outboard of bench in back. The middle part of the bench has lap/shoulder so that is good, but no headrest or no latch/tether.
Make sure you get a long base, the short base doesn't fit 3-across that well.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks for the info, guys. (Especially on the headrests--I meant to check and then forgot.)

We're looking at the long base w/ 60/40 split. We're looking at the Sienna, too, and while that one seems a lot more luxurious, the price is SOOO much better on the Sedona. I also have a friend who works for Kia corporate and could get us a fantastic deal on an '08. I did email her about the dealership question and am waiting to hear back (although that's pretty tacky: "Hey, thanks for the deal on the car! Now can I take it to a different company?")

I have a feeling we'll hold off for a while. I :love: my Prius and want to try to make it work with our upcoming additional kid, but we might be squished. (I know other people make it work though.) Also, if I hold out for an '09 Sedona, I'll get an audio jack for my iPod, which is a seemingly insignificant, but very important, feature for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC