Look what I found today with our frontier!

zactayaus

So we took DH's truck today. It's been about 2 weeks since DS has been in the truck to even use his frontier. So I buckle him in on the outboard driver side. I then proceed to get myself in the front seat passanger side. We drive off and I look back at DS and I can't believe what I see. There is a gray piece of plastic that the cup holder is attached to that had detached itself from the seat. I was a little bit panicked because I wasn't sure if this would effect the safety of the seat at all and we didn't have time to turn back and take my truck. When we got home I took pics so you could see what I was talking about. The first two pics were with the seat still installed. The second two pics were after I uninstalled the seat. I was able to pop the plastic back into the actual shell of the seat but it took some force. I'm not sure how this could have even happened. The seat was never dropped or handled rough or anything like that. I guess just pulling the cup holder out could have done it because it is hard to pop out the cup holder. I'm not sure. Any way I wanted to share. Here are the pics:

100_2005.jpg
100_2006.jpg

100_2009.jpg
100_2010.jpg

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I don't think it will effect the interrogatory of the seat. I think it's just the housing for the cup holder. I would contact Britax on Monday to verify though. It never hurts to ask.

CarSeatFan

CPS Technician
Same thing happened with mine and I could not pop it back in. I called Britax and they replaced the seat. I love their customer service!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
note to self..check to see if cupholder causes seat to fall apart into pieces.....
I'm starting to side with splash on this one..SERIOUSLY? The workmanship is not thrilling me with these seats.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... I don't think it would affect safety/integrity of the seat... but it would definitely make me irate (better than original word in head )
1839.jpg

Call Britax!

zactayaus

So even though I was able to pop the plastic back into place you guys still think I should call Britax? I'm positive that it would not effect the safety of the seat after I was able to uninstall the seat and see that it was only an attachment to the shell not actually part of the shell itself. Had I known that Britax would have replaced my seat for this (like a PP said they did for her) I would not have tried to fix it. The cover is starting to show a lot of dirt and a new seat would have been sweat.:p I doubt they would replace it now that I've fixed it. Although I could email them the pics anyway and see what they say.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I think she knows that. ;)

I interpreted that as a joke that maybe Britax is actually using the shell of one of their European convertibles but using the cupholder to hide it from us.

I'm sure she meant it as a joke but it's good to state the real deal as well for lurkers who might otherwise be "inspired" to use a Frontier rear facing, not realizing she was joking. ;)

Kat_Momof3

I do think it's worth emailing/calling them about... not for them to replace the seat, but so they know that it's an issue... and that you aren't happy about it... aka... user feedback.

much like with changes in lockoffs, tethers, buckles, everything else that is pretty small in the general scope of a seat, the company needs to know, should know, and should want to know when little things like this need tweaking.

they should find a way to make it a little better (like adding a screw to connect the two parts to make it not pop out so easily) for the future model years.

I know with my van, when I found out that something similar happened with my cupholders on my captain's chairs EVERY TIME I took the seats out for hauling stuff, I called dodge... and in more recent models, the cupholders were indeed changed.... I figure I wasn't the only one who found them annoying.

CarSeatFan

CPS Technician
I meant to add that I did have a couple of other issues with the seat as well which is why I think they replaced it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC