2009 Maclaren quest Mod

Laryn41

Well I have totally decided to go with the quest. I am obsessed with getting this stroller asap. PROBLEM: the one I want doesn't come out till april. I am so upset that I have to wait that long.

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

:(

I have my Quest already and I am happy I went that over the Triumph. DD2 has room to grow in it and it pushes like a breeze. Now my Eurotrend feels heavy.

Two months isn't too long to wait. I didn't like the patterns on the new Mods enough to spend the extra $$$ on them. And our BabyGap doesn't carry theirs in store. The blue stripe was almost worth it.

Kat_Momof3

:(

I have my Quest already and I am happy I went that over the Triumph. DD2 has room to grow in it and it pushes like a breeze. Now my Eurotrend feels heavy.

Two months isn't too long to wait. I didn't like the patterns on the new Mods enough to spend the extra $$$ on them. And our BabyGap doesn't carry theirs in store. The blue stripe was almost worth it.

I know... back when I tried them, the eurotrend felt light... but after I went from the chicco tuscany (early model of C5) to a mac, then the eurotrend felt heavy by comparison when I had to snag one off CL as an emergency stroller until I could get a new one :)mad: Brother in law smashed the back wheel on my Swift and I couldn't just call Italy)

AtTheSouthDam

buy a current model and order new skins when the new one comes out??

Can you do that?
I was going to go to the fabric store later to find some coordinating fabric and make a pad, boot and strap covers to customize mine :D

I'm wondering what to do with the rain cover. It never rains here. At least never so long I would be walking in it. Do I keep it in the plastic and sell it with the stroller later, or try to sell it now?

Laryn41

I really liked the blue stripe from baby gap but I think it maybe to boyish for my girl. I want something on the neutral side so therefore pink is out of the question.

Kat_Momof3

Can you do that?
I was going to go to the fabric store later to find some coordinating fabric and make a pad, boot and strap covers to customize mine :D

I'm wondering what to do with the rain cover. It never rains here. At least never so long I would be walking in it. Do I keep it in the plastic and sell it with the stroller later, or try to sell it now?

yes... as fugly and lame as it looked (though I got a lot of oohs, ahs, and questions as to "where I bought that" about it), I actually had a BATMAN Maclaren Rally Twin at one point, because Jeffrey saw the fabric for 1 dollar a yard at walmart when we were shopping for fabric for a sling for his sister and went NUTS.... he loved it.

people customize their macs all the time and maclaren sells replacment skins for all their strollers.

seat pads arent' hard to make at all.... boots aren't hard, either ( I sadly have yet to try that, but if I ever have another baby, you can bet I'll be customizing me some stroller)... and strap covers are pretty simple.

indigoblossom

Can you do that?

yes, you can, but depending on the stroller - oftentimes certain skins aren't available for up to a year after the new model strollers come out.

jsta1005

yes... as fugly and lame as it looked (though I got a lot of oohs, ahs, and questions as to "where I bought that" about it), I actually had a BATMAN Maclaren Rally Twin at one point, because Jeffrey saw the fabric for 1 dollar a yard at walmart when we were shopping for fabric for a sling for his sister and went NUTS.... he loved it.

people customize their macs all the time and maclaren sells replacment skins for all their strollers.

seat pads arent' hard to make at all.... boots aren't hard, either ( I sadly have yet to try that, but if I ever have another baby, you can bet I'll be customizing me some stroller)... and strap covers are pretty simple.

Do you have pics of the batman stroller?

Also, do you guys have patterns for the pad and boot? anybody care to share how they customized their Mac?

AtTheSouthDam

I'll post pictures as soon as I am done. I don't work from patterns. I make my own out of Muslim until I have just as a want it. I do everything that way and my daughters get tons of compliments on their dresses.

The pad was pretty easy for my Eurotrend, as were the straps covers. The boot is going to take a bit more planning because I haven't thought about how/where it will attach.

Kat_Momof3

nope... I don't have the pics anymore... used to... even posted them on swap... don't know why I deleted them.

I never did boots or a cover, but I had ideas in my head.

for the seat pads, I just measured the seat inserts, added for seams, and used velcro strips from walmart (I doubled them on themselves to allow reversibility and so there wouldn't be a sticky side... and afterwards, my only regret was that I didn't use two different fabrics... I had tons of this really pretty purple with white flowers fabric I'd used for Ruthie's sling... and when Damian stopped riding, I wished I could have the ability to flip one over and have it look girly)

the velcro attaches (better than the softside velcro on the mac pads, I'll tell you) where the velcro on the exisiting pads goes (if doing it on another mac stroller, just press on the scratchy strip where it needs to go).... if it isn't stable enough for your liking, you can add strips at the foot end, too, to wrap under the seat.

for a boot... I was going to do something simple I saw someone else do.

get no-sew fleece (measure first, using the stroller and the length of an older child's legs to help you figure out how much you need)

you can do them to also line the seats all the way up, or you can start (this works only if you don't add velcro at the bottom of your seat pads) from the back of the seat bottom and go out from there... and have them under the regular pads... just make a crotch slit.

all you have to do then is have extra width to spare so you can cut slices going down the edges to tie together to seal the edges off.

You can use some of those strips to secure it to the stroller, or get velcro strips to allow you to wrap those around to secure it (using the front or rear bar, depending upon recline level and comfort)

I've seen it done in one BIG sack for two kids to share, or separate sacks... either way works.

you just use some good thick fleece.

with the raincover on top, it's water proof, but of course, you could use pul on top if you wanted.

Oh, and with the regular seat covers, also compensate for your filling... you want to get batting... and whatever thickness you choose (the same as the regular seat pads, or thicker), you have to have the room for... and also cut the slits into, so if it's thick, you'll want a utility knife... for the buckles.

really, with a tape measure and the right fabrics, a stroller with straps that can be completely removed is pretty easy to customize.

the only thing difficult is canopies... but some have done it by either attaching to the inside/outside of the exsisting canopies, or doing all new canopies with fresh wire for the front part (but this really only works on older volos, where the canopies didn't attach the way they do now).

AtTheSouthDam

the only thing difficult is canopies... but some have done it by either attaching to the inside/outside of the exsisting canopies, or doing all new canopies with fresh wire for the front part (but this really only works on older volos, where the canopies didn't attach the way they do now).

You go through a lot more than I do! I purposely choose the colors for my new Mac so I would have more fabric options to match the existing hood and seat. Blue and very spring green are proving to be pretty easy to match with some bright prints. The browns with blue/pink/green would have been easy too but too subtle for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC