Little bundles baby boutique

U

Unregistered

Does anyone have a contact #. I want to order a car seat from them (they are the only ones with free shipping and the cover I want) but for some reason they are charging me P.S.T which I thought was exempt from all car seat purchases. I'm looking for the Britax Marathon and at other sites it only costs $315 including taxes. This place wants $340 even though the price before taxes at both store is $299.

ADS

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Sorry - I don't have an address for them, but it is illegal (at least in Ontario) to charge PST. There is GST on the product though. They might be getting around it cause it's on-line ordering, but I still don't think it's legal.

U

Unregistered

I actually found a contact # so I am going to give them a call to see what they say.

U

Unregistered

Well the store is on the east coast but I live in Ontario. How would that work?

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
I'm not too sure, but I thin that if the use is mandated by the Provincial government, they can't charge PST. Now if it's HST maybe they can cause it's both taxes in one......

ladybug_mom

HST is Harmonized Sales tax, which is in NB, NS & NL it is 13%. This combines our provincial sales tax and GST together to save us from paying tax on tax.

Before we paid 9% provincial tax, then 7% gst on top of that so it actually equated almost another .5%

Little Bundles is actually owned by a friend of mine. Let me know if there's anything I can help with!

U

Unregistered

HST is Harmonized Sales tax, which is in NB, NS & NL it is 13%. This combines our provincial sales tax and GST together to save us from paying tax on tax.

Before we paid 9% provincial tax, then 7% gst on top of that so it actually equated almost another .5%

Little Bundles is actually owned by a friend of mine. Let me know if there's anything I can help with!

So that means that I'm stuck paying it? That really sucks. Looks like I am going to have to find another cover I like :(

shauburg

When you order items from other provinces, you are still only supposed to pay the tax of the province you are living in.

For example, I'm in Alberta and only pay GST (no PST), so on Little Bundles web-site it correctly calculates my final price on the MA as $314.99.

If it's true that in Ontario, you do not pay PST on car seats, then I don't think Little Bundles should be charging you PST either.

I don't think that they are charging you the New Brunswick HST, because they seem to have a different tax setting in their system for each province. Maybe they just need to fix Ontario's setting for the car seats???

U

Unregistered

I phoned and was told that they have to charge me 13% because that is what there tax is, it doesn't matter where I live.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC