Monterey owners, would you buy the seat again?...

Would you buy the monterey again?

• Yes, I would.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I wouldn't (please say why)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • clicky box

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters

emandbri

I posted in general car seat that I feel weird recommending a seat that people can't see in person. I thought it might be helpful to see how many people would buy the seat again if they had the chance to go back in time! lol

ADS

emandbri

I would buy mine again. Regulars know that I bought it to try to put my oldest back in a high back but he didn't fit. I then put it in Brian's car but my 10 year old liked it so much he asked to use it as his primary seat.

It feels very sturdy, I like how it does on the side impact crash video, and I like that I don't have to worry about buckling it in when not in use.

I just really wish it was brown or tan! :D

Stretchy Glue

If it wasn't for this seat, my daughter would have been out of all hbb at 6. Now at 7 she has a couple inches left still. Plus, this is the only seat that I have not had to wash the cover several times. Trust me, this kid is not getting any cleaner.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Would buy again for sure!!! DD rides in it in dh's car and we really really love it!! Even though the seat is wide and fits bigger kids well, it positions the belt perfectly on my 5.5 year old (44 lbs, 44 inches). She is really really comfy in it. We could not be happier with this seat!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Absolutely! Could not possibly be happier with ANY other booster on the market right now for my 8YO.

menfusse

I just got ours and I'm in love. My dd is very tall, but doesn't pass the 5 step test and a backless booster doesn't really work well with our vehicle's belt system for optimum belt placement. Plus, it's really disconcerting to go from a 5pt. seat with surrounding shell protection to a booster. This really gives me peace of mind that she has protection all around in any sort of crash, whether it be frontal, side, or rear.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
We've only been using it for the last two weeks...but dd (7.5yo) really likes it and we've been very happy w/ it so far!

mom23boys

Yes, My 8 year old :love: this seat. I am also thinking of purchasing another for DH's jeep.

I also recommended it to a friend who I could not talk into keeping her 4year old harnessed once he reached 40 pounds and he fits very well in it.

If I could change one thing I would have it have rigid latch if at all possible.

MomToEliEm

We have a monterey and love it, though I might be hesitant to buy it again if it was to be used in a vehicle without latch. It is a pretty heavy seat, and I do worry about the seat's weight being an issue if there was ever a crash. In my car which doesn't have latch, we are planning to use our parkway instead of the monterey which is in my DH's truck using latch.

Kat_Momof3

I bought it sight unseen because I was able to be sure of the measurements thanks to the info from SK...

since the issues over getting the height promised came up, I'd be more cautious if you had a kid who was tall enough that he wouldn't fit in the shorter montereys some have found (until that problem is no longer a problem)... but only in ordering from a place with a good return policy like elitecarseats.com or target (you can return to the store)

It is my favorite booster of all time (the oobr could easily trump it if it had expandable sides and if it goes at least as tall or taller, but the price is still so much more and just not doable for most... even with scrimping) and the only reason I'm NOT buying another one is because Jeffrey is insistent that he does not want Ruthie and him to EVER have the same seat (even in different fabrics).

Because he's old enough that I think he should get to have some say in the issue, I'm abiding by that, and she will use the Nautilus until she has outgrown it as a highback, or when Jeffrey is too big for the Monterey... at that point, he'll either be in a seatbelt alone or (more likely) the clek Olli.

Honestly, because he loves his cupholders, if they would listen to all my begging and sell it also as just a backless, I'd leave the olli in my dh's car as a spare for him (it will be used as Ruthie's spare when he's done with it, anyway) and order the backless version simply for the cupholders as long as the price was reasonable (like 40-50 bucks). I wouldn't if it weren't latchable, but since it is... hey, give the kid his cupholders, right?

At least he loves the Olli enough that cargo thingy and the captains' chair's built in cupholder (though it's at the bottom, so he will have to be taller, where he can reach it without moving out of position) should keep him happy.

Anyway... if they have the space for it, I always recommend the Monterey.

skueppers

We've only had it for a week, so I wouldn't say this is a terribly valid data point, but we love it.

The only thing I would change about it is that the cover can't be machine washed or dried, and is attached with these plastic nail-like things that you have to pry out in order to remove the cover. While I'm certainly not in the habit of washing covers often, every now again something happens...

I wouldn't recommend it for carpools/play dates just because it's big and heavy, but for permanent installation in a single vehicle, I think it's great!

Yoshi

I voted "I wouldn't"....but that may or may not be true-I bought one to try last year, but the shoulder belt wasn't fitting well on my DD- she was 4.5 at the time, so a bit young. The shoulder belt hit her right on her neck, so I returned it. Maybe when she is taller/older it would work better:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC