Those with big kids rear-facing.....

What do your kids do with their legs?....

• Prop them up.

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • cross thier legs.

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Hang over the sides

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • straight and up the back of the seat of the car

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • other

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • clicky box

Votes: 11 11.5%

• Total voters

emandbri

What do they do with their legs most often?

Elizabeth sits just like in her siggy and if she falls asleep the knees go out to the sides.

You can vote for more than one answer for those who have multiple kids or kids that do something equally.

Prop them up is what Elizabeth is doing, sorry if that wasn't clear.

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

Okay, had to hit the clicky box:whistle: They do what they want. sometimes crossed, sometimes up, my ds likes to throw them over the side. Whatever they want at the time, kwim?

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I didn't vote, but DS2 does all of those options pretty equally. Just whatever he feels like doing I guess.

AtTheSouthDam

Ciara crosses them or hangs them over the vehicle seat back. Her legs are just long enough to get her feet just over the edge. I'm not sure if that would be straight up (her legs are bent) or other :)

natysr

He mostly props them up. But he also crosses them. He does just about everthing EXCEPT hang them over the side.

Blondie87

When I had the 2.5 year old rear facing.. he just bent his knees. Kinda like Elizabeth in your siggy. DFS1 does the same thing. DFS2's feet JUST touch the seatback. So I chose other.

steph

Ryan does all of them except cross his legs. Usually he is sitting froggy style like in his pic.

zeo2ski

Yeah I voted cross legs but it really is froggy style, not crossed. But now that he's in a radian he's putting one leg (cuz there's another seat on the other side of him) over the edge to try to pick up his mittens or whatever with his foot, but not really just dangling it over--it's for a "purpose"!

And DS2 doesn't touch the seat yet.

BW1426

Depends on the kid and the seat. I want to say that froggy style is probably the most popular though.

SPJ&E

Joshua usually either crosses them or does them like in my signature. Pacey mostly hung his over the sides when he was RF, he often crossed them or put them "froggy" style also, and sometimes straightened them (though, not often).

lynsgirl

Ds3 does all of the above at various times (he is 2 yrs 4.5 mos), as did ds2, who was RF until 4 yrs 2 mos. Most of the time, though, ds3 has his legs like Elizabeth does in the picture :).

lynsgirl

Ha, I should have added an option for "kick the child sitting next to them." ;)

:ROTFLMAO: Ds2 used to do this all the time, which made him unpopular with his siblings. Ds3 hasn't tried this yet, but the only person he's been sitting next to recently has been ds1 (12yo) and now he's got an empty infant seat base next to him lol. I have totally been waiting for that one to happen w/him, though, at some point. In dh's car, he's in the middle between 2 boosters, so one of these days, I'm sure. . . :whistle:

ETA sorry for the double posting :eek:

urchin_grey

I put other because DS is still very small for his age and he just bends his knees (kinda like a diamond shape) or he bends his knees a bit and crosses his ankles.

Kat_Momof3

everything (including other) except straight up the back... but that's only cause the poor kids never made it long enough for their legs to be able to do that.

other... feet pressed together (similar to what Elizabeth is doing in that pic), one leg folded and the other leg straight or over that bent leg.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC