Help! Sienna windows

christineka

I was out playing with car seats today. It is very warm and sunny out, so I put all the windows down. Now I'm finished. Only the windows in the way back would shut. The others do not respond when I press the window up buttons. Not even the driver's window! I've pressed the window lock button on and off. (Still the driver's window should shut.) I've tried all variations of the key- even turned the ignition on and those windows won't respond. I looked in the manual and it says nothing about the windows not working. Please help!!!

ADS

mamaofthree

Oh no! Did they work when you bought it? I know it is used, maybe the issue was already there? I've never had that problem with mine- only weird thing is the drivers window has a mind of its own sometimes and goes all the way down when I'm trying to do it in increments.

sirrahn

Hmmm...I'm not sure why they wouldn't work at all, but FYI on my '04 the lock button up front does render even the drivers' one locked which is really dumb and annoying so I almost never use it. Only my 11 yr old has access to a window switch anyway though, and he's big enough not to mess with it.

Last edited:

christineka

We just bought the van a week ago. This is the first time the non drivers' windows have been opened. (Dh put down the driver's window at the ATM once. It worked fine.) I don't know what happened! It is supposed to be cold in February. Oh, I went out this morning and found the sliding door opened. The last time we were in the van was Wednesday afternoon. The sienna has a thing that the lights go off after sitting 20 minutes with no key, so we are okay on power. I drove to the store and back today.

christineka

Dh came home, put in the key, and pressed the buttons. Apparently the van sensed I was too worked up about car seats and decided to make the windows malfunction on me to make me even more stressed. At any rate, the windows are now closed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC