Safe Traffic Systems Ride Safer Vest

mgongwer

Hello,
I'm looking for some information on this vest. I have a friend looking into this for her 4 year old. She would be using it in a Jeep Liberty. Her thought is to try to save space with this so she can fit three kids in there. A two year old, a newborn and said 4 year old.
I am off to look at the three across thread as well.

My impression of the vests is that they are not typically used for average kids on a daily basis. True?

Sallie

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
True. They are safe, and not THAT hard to use properly, but nowhere near as easy to use as a regular harnessed seat. I'm sure she'd have good luck puzzling a Radian or Roundabout or some combination of narrow things in there that would be easier to buckle on a day to day basis...fingers crossed, anyway!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
We have one for Piper's travel seat, and due to our move next weekend her Nautilus, Radian, and Parkway will be unavailable to me (they're getting shipped out with our first car next week). So I'll be using her RSTV exclusively for nearly two weeks while the car is in transit. And I'm groaning thinking about it. It takes about three minutes longer, even with practice, to get Piper in than it does in another seat. There's NO WAY she can do it herself. She can't even get herself unbuckled. Either we leave it tethered in the car and she gets into it every time she gets in, or I have to untether it and uninstall her every time.

It's great for what it is, don't get me wrong. I think it's a fantastic seat. But I wouldn't want to use it every day. I don't want to use it every day next week. If we weren't moving ourselves and our four cats (and I'm pregnant and not feeling up to being as much of a pack horse as normal) by plane next Saturday I'd keep Piper's Radian for us to use daily during this time. But because of the flight with the four cats in carriers coming on board with us we're keeping the RSTV for travel. And UGH.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC