Not the DOM I got when I called

purplemama

When I called Albeebaby to get a DOM on the Como I was told 8-8-08. When I decided to buy I called again and asked if that was the date I'd get. I was told if I had called and asked then that's the date the seats they have would be. So I get my Como on Tues. and 12-17-07. I'm a little ticked about that. Not really from a usage standpoint but on principle really. Should I call and complain?

ADS

Splash

No, because you should have verified at the time you placed the order. When you called the first time, you were just an interested bystander. When you called the second time, you were actually buying something. You should have verified completely at that time what you were getting. You should have also asked if that was guaranteed to be the DOM you would receive. Unless they guaranteed that, which they did not, then they're done nothing wrong. You might be upset, but you were not wronged in any way.

glockchick

I think you should call. Worst they can do is say tough luck.

Splash, I think she did verify when she called back to buy the seat.

When I decided to buy I called again and asked if that was the date I'd get. I was told if I had called and asked then that's the date the seats they have would be.

From that exchange, I'd have expected the newer DOM as well.

Splash

No, what she got when she called back was more of a "well, if that's what we said, fine" kind of answer. No one actually checked.

I don't think she should call because it won't get her anywhere and will just waste everyone's time for something that no one is in the wrong with. When you buy something from a large retailer, you don't expect new, esp. when it's such a steep discount. If I ordered something from Target online, I have no way of knowing (and no right of expectation) the DOM. If I order from A Running Stroller, then I should be able to trust what she says. Different scope of businesses. Albee is a huge retailer, it's unfair to expect them to give you the exact DOM, especially on something so steeply discounted and especially when you did not explicitly request/demand a certain DOM. If she had called and made the 8-08 DOM a condition of sale, then she would be in the right. As is, she did not.

purplemama

I'm just a huge bargin hunter and I always want the best bang for my buck. I probably won't call because Splash is right, I should have specified I wanted that DOM. When you order from a huge place you get what you get. I was just kinda peeved about it. Oh well, a HUGE lesson learned!

sparkyd

Yeah, you ordered from a huge place, but you also called that huge place in advance asking for specific product information, and asked again about that information when you placed your order. Could you have pressed the matter a bit more to clarify whether it was reasonable to expect to get a seat with that DOM? Yes. Should they have told you in the first place if they couldn't guarantee that the seat they checked for you would have the same DOM as the one they send? Yes. What is the point in them giving you information if it won't then apply to your order?

Even if you don't want to make a big stink about it you would still be justified in calling even just so they can inform their staff that they can't guarantee the DOM on car seat orders. There was a difference of 9 months between what you were told and what you got. I would have expected the dates to be at least a little closer. Especially from a big store with presumably high turnover. I'd call. Even just for the staff education angle.

zactayaus

I had the exact opposite happen to me when I ordered my SS1 from albeebaby. I called and was told an 07 DOM. For the price I got it for and the amount of time I would be using it I was ok with that. When I received my seat it had a 10/08 DOM. The seat wasn't even 3 months old when I got it. Needless to say I was thrilled. Any way I don't know how they check for their DOM's but apparently it's not very accurate.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC