Recaro MONZA Special Needs Seat..available in US? Anyone seen one?

ADS

Murphy's Law

If you really want to know, I can find out for you (probably tomorrow). I am in good contact with BL from exomotion as we use that company to order equipment for our SMA kids. Want me to ask her tomorrow? I'm due to call her anyway!

Mama!

If it's no trouble to ask, please do. A friend and I are both interested to see if it falls in the $400 range or the $:eek::eek: range :p It looks like a heckuva seat. I am totally impressed.

I also see that in spring 09 they're coming out with 2 others, the Recaro YS (looks totally diff) and the Recaro Expert. If prices are guessable on those, that'd be nice too :whistle:

Murphy's Law

If it's no trouble to ask, please do. A friend and I are both interested to see if it falls in the $400 range or the $:eek::eek: range :p It looks like a heckuva seat. I am totally impressed.

I also see that in spring 09 they're coming out with 2 others, the Recaro YS (looks totally diff) and the Recaro Expert. If prices are guessable on those, that'd be nice too :whistle:

I did see those other 2 as well. It's nice that there are more options now in seats for those with special needs.

Did I miss the particulars on the Monza though? I didn't see any weight limits or anything. I guess I could as BL all that stuff too. In fact, if you have specific questions, list them here and that way I can get all the info you need. I'll report back after I have some answers.

BW1426

The Expert and YS seem to be the European pictures. Do you think they're only using the European pics and that they are actually releasing slightly modified versions of these seats in the US?

Mama!

Its being said definitively on another board that the Monza is avail in the US.

So I was just wondering.;)

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Please note that the 5 point harness is for positioning only - you must use the car's 3 point seatbelt for restraining the child, like a belt positioning booster.

Recaro has had a special needs seat in the US previously.

Last edited:

BW1426

Please note that the 5 point harness is for positioning only - you must use the car's 3 point seatbelt for restraining the child, like a belt positioning booster.

Huh. Why don't you think they made it a 5 point harnessed seat :confused: Too much time/money involved in testing or creating reinforced slots?

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Who knows? There are other SN restraints with that type of "installation" as well (some of the Carrie seats and the Peppino I think).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wozers. And they sell it in the UK without the harness as just a rigid LATCH booster. Nifty!
Yeah, their old special needs seat was a Start with a positioning harness, this looks a lot more accommodating.

twinsmom

Holy moly! What a great looking seat! And I'm so excited to see news about the new Young Sport - I've been dying for that seat to come out! I hope spring '09 is accurate! Oh my gosh - no one told me the car seat "illness" that seems to run rampant on this site is contagious!!:):) There should be a warning posted on the main page ;)

twinsmom

I emailed Exomotion and Recaro today about the status of this seat and the new Young Sport. Didn't hear from Recaro yet, but BL from Exomotion answered:

Thanks your inquiry. We plan to have these new models of the Recaro Car
seats available in April. Right now we are in the process of having them
crash tested for the US motor vehical standard. The Recaro Monza Reha is
already in wide distribution in Europe.
The US standard is a little different so we have them in that testing
process right now. Recaro has developed a co-operation with Thomashilfen in
Germany for this project. Thomashilfen is the manufacturer of the EASyS,
Twist and Thevo rehab strollers and and therapy chairs.
I can send you the information on Monza Reha now and on the other models as
they become available to me.
Our toll free number is 866 870 2122. Please call me with any questions.
Regards,
BL Meyer

Maybe "Murphy's Law" will be able to get more info. April isn't that far away...:whistle:

Mama!

If you really want to know, I can find out for you (probably tomorrow). I am in good contact with BL from exomotion as we use that company to order equipment for our SMA kids. Want me to ask her tomorrow? I'm due to call her anyway!

So, any word? :whistle:

joyride

Who knows? There are other SN restraints with that type of "installation" as well (some of the Carrie seats and the Peppino I think).
Yes lots of in Europe, and the only seat with integrated harness, the Traveller Plus (similar to the Husky/Regent) is discontinued...

I bet certification costs to much money...

Here another PDF.
http://www.tendercareltd.com/pdfs/brochure/monza_flyer_gb_2008.pdf
And Accessories.
http://www.tendercareltd.com/pdfs/manual/recaro_accessories.pdf

melniemi

Where are you seeing the YS and Expert? I can't find them:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC