integrated child seat safety?

M

momof2

Hi, I'm new here and wondering if optional integrated child safety seats (for older kids, ie, non-infants) are actually safe. Are there studies done on them?

Specifically, I know the Volvo XC90 has an optional 2nd row integrated booster, that can slide forward so front seat passengers can reach the child easier. Are they as safe as a latched in conventional booster/car seat? What other new vehicles offer this feature, and are they indeed safe? Thank you :D

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
They are safe-

Integrated boosters are just as safe as regular ones. Assuming they allow the seatbelt to fit properly, I don't know of any disadvantages.

Integrated seats with a harness are a little different. While they are convenient and safe if used correctly, there are some disadvantages to consider. Please see questions #14 and #15 of the FAQ:

http://www.car-safety.org/faq.html#Q14

I do not yet know what 2003 vehicles offer integrated boosters. Volvo has offered them as an option in vehicles for some time. The government does produce a brochure that lists child passenger safety features, but it is not yet available. Unfortunately, by the time they get the information and publish it, the model year is half over:-(

M

momof2

thank you

Thank you, Darren, for the information and the link, they are very helpful. This is a wonderful site and forum, thanks again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC