Question about FL law....

mgongwer

I have a question about FL law. Is it okay to put a carseat (forward facing) in the front seat if the vehicle has no back seat? I understand it isn't ideal. This vehicle is a work van and would be used for transportation to and from daycare only.
Thanks,
Sallie

ADS

Maedze

It is not ideal, but certainly not illegal. How old is the child being placed in the restraint and how much does he weigh? Also what is the make and year of the vehicle.

Maedze

That's just fine :) Make sure the seat is properly installed and as far away from the airbag as possible.

Murphy's Law

My husband has an E350 Ford Econoline for work. I had to install dd's seat in the front once as there are no rear seats b/c it's a work truck. I was pleasantly surprised to see how far back the seat could go away from the air bag, and also really surprised that there was a tether hook on that seat. :thumbsup: We took full advantage of both options and I felt pretty secure with her riding there (in a seat with a 5 point harness, of course). Be sure the work van has a divider or something that will separate your child from the tools and equipment that could be floating and banging around the back. Toolboxes would make nasty projectiles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC