Help me pick out carseats for my friend's Tall Torso Baby!

My friend's little girl is 5 months old and has a LONG torso. Currently she is in a Graco Safeseat that I bought them for her shower.
She is on the second to top slots, but only 15 pounds.

I know she is going to outgrow it by summer(guessing).

So, I need some seat ideas.... (she loves britax and is willing to pay for it). Unfortuntely she couldn't afford any seats during the Feb. sale(bad, economy).

What seat to last her the longest, since her husband is so anit-carseat(she isn't though). She is planning on ERF(so far she says that, we will see)

She needs one for her vehicle and her mom's vehicle(who watches the baby 2 times a week). She might need one for her husbands(but, that would be placed last to buy because they rarely go in it when they are together).

She drives: Ford Edge(2008)
Husband drives: Ford Edge (2009)
Mom drives: Ford Escape(2006)
*All have latch

She also transports a few times a month her step son(9 year old-no seat-don't get me started :mad:).

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

My friend's little girl is 5 months old and has a LONG torso. Currently she is in a Graco Safeseat that I bought them for her shower.
She is on the second to top slots, but only 15 pounds.

I know she is going to outgrow it by summer(guessing).

So, I need some seat ideas.... (she loves britax and is willing to pay for it). Unfortuntely she couldn't afford any seats during the Feb. sale(bad, economy).

What seat to last her the longest, since her husband is so anit-carseat(she isn't though). She is planning on ERF(so far she says that, we will see)

She needs one for her vehicle and her mom's vehicle(who watches the baby 2 times a week). She might need one for her husbands(but, that would be placed last to buy because they rarely go in it when they are together).

She drives: Ford Edge(2008)
Husband drives: Ford Edge (2009)
Mom drives: Ford Escape(2006)
*All have latch

She also transports a few times a month her step son(9 year old-no seat-don't get me started :mad:).

I'd probably go for a TF. Since she's not actually ERF-ing yet, I wouldn't bother spending the money on a Radian if there's a chance she might not ERF. That's just me. Of course, it's her money. So I'd say either a TF or a Radian.

Maedze

True-Fit. And I'm sure she can spend 15 dollars for a Cosco Ambassador for the 9 year old, unless he passes the 5-step test?

I was thinking true-fit too(even though I am not in love with that seat-but mabey she will like it)?

:whistle: and they have a graco backless over there(that is mine) for him. She put him in there from 6-7 1/2(but, her husband was so po'ed about it). She stated her car her rules. He then said well you are not making my child into a baby. Oh it is a long story about that.
He is 4'7, 70 pounds, and tall torso. He might fit. Not sure. I know last time I drove with them when he was in the vehicle he did not pass it at just 8 years old. I don't think he would pass the 5-step.

So hubby said she could do whatever she wanted with their baby(she wouldn't of listened either way), but so far she is all for ERF and EH.

I am really thinking about not even telling her about the Cosco Scenera for his car, because once she outgrows that I know he will put up a huge fuss about changing her to a booster.

He thinks kids should be out of carseats at 3.

I swear he is a really nice guy, just stubborn.

flutie128

I love my true fit for DD. She is 9 months, 17.5 pounds, and 29 inches tall. I have gotten use to the continuous harness and love the seat. I am hoping when I put the headrest on I won't have to move the driver's seat up any but we will see. I will say that some days I wish I still had a bucket for her but I had an old snugride that went to 20 pounds and she got too tall for it.

Kat_Momof3

I'd go for the tf... most torso room for the buck....

then for the other cars... sceneras.

the tf can be followed by a Monterey... the sceneras by Nautili.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC