Uptown vs Avenue

NannyMom

I know these are mostly the same seat. But there are a few differences.

I'm really thinking of getting an Avenue (or Uptown) as a backup seat, and Radian or TF for Grandma's car (to replace the Sceneras). I love the Scenera. It installs wonderfully and quickly in my van (with LATCH), RF. I don't need towels or noodles, it just squashes into the seatback. THis would be an extra extra seat for DD. It could be installed in anyone's car if she needed to go with them. It would also be used for my friend's DD. SHe's a few months younger than DD (just turned 2 last month) but they have the same butt-to-head height (torso + neck & head)

We had an Uptown before and I sold it. Let me tell you what I didn't like, and maybe someone can tell me if I will like the Avenue less, or the same as the Uptown :)

It seemed to be squashing DD in the shoulder area. Maybe too much padding? She's a petite child, no huge shoulders or anything. The harness adjuster was so difficult to access (is it more difficult on the Avenue because of the opening in the cover?). It was difficult to tighten the harness, but so is the scenera at times (I just pull tight from the back of the seat).

Will I kick myself if I buy and Avenue? I'd just rather not have a TF sitting in the closet, unused 99% of the time.

ADS

jka1217

I have some pictures of the two next to each other in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=68624

I did not use the Avenue a whole lot, but I can say that there is less padding in the shoulder area, so I think you would like it better on that part. The cover on the Avenue is actually very similar to the cover on a Scenera, not really padded like the Uptown at all. But, the Avenue has the EPP foam still like the Uptown that a Scenera does not have.

The harness adjuster seemed to be more of a pain to get to with the Avenue because of the smaller access cover. But if it's not used a whole lot and you don't adjust the harness every time you use the seat, it is liveable.

I think I may have liked the Uptown just a tad more because of the better padded cover and there was a nice big flap to get to the harness adjuster, but I really think it's about even between the Uptown and the Avenue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC