Check the box before leaving the store

Good news: Went to the nearest Big Lots today (~15 miles) while DD's were at school and found the AirBooster for $55. There were two boxes so I picked the box that looked less beat-up. It was taped across the top and I could see the head rest in there so I figured it was complete

Bad news: got home and found that it's missing the lower part of the back:eek: I'm not exactly in the mood to drive all the way out back there but I guess I'll have to :(

Well, at least I can compare how wide it is vs. the Parkway

Moral of the story - always check the box before you pay for it!

ADS

solmama

It's also common for people to return an old carseat in a new box. This must happen frequently where I live because both Target and Walmart check carseat returns. Knowing this, I always check.

obamamama

That stinks! I have seen that mess before. I know someone that bought an ETA at Target and brought it home. She opened the box and found a Chase!!!
Needless to say, she marched right back and returned it for a box she opened before she left Target.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Oh no, that stinks! (But I'm glad you were able to find one. Make sure you let us know how your DDs like it!)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ugh!
returnign things sucks...I have to return something andshould be up there right now....but my butt is here...

Kat_Momof3

wonder if they would let you do a partial refund... say... let you have the bottom for use as a backless for 1/3 of the price... (since airboosters are never sold backless, this could be a great thing to pass on to someone in swap if they go for it)

Well, didn't have a chance to return it today so will have to do that when the girls are in school tmw.
Am feeling a bit conflicted. I haven't had DD try it out yet but when I put the backless Airbooster in the Civic with one PW and the RSTV, it seems that the arm rest would be poking whoever was in the RSTV, so I wouldn't use it for carpool.
And then when we go on long trips like vacations, a lot of times we have 3 people in the 2nd row of the Highlander - the kids and Grandma (have to keep the third row folded down to have enough cargo area), so again having a booster wider than the PW would be a problem.
what to do? :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC