Radian owners...

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Has anyone asked about using something other than the rfing foot to recline the seat? It just reclines it SOOO much that it doesn't fit behind the driver's side in our van and I really want it there. It's in the middle now ( 3/4 bench in 2nd row) and it blocks my view to the back as well and blocks the air.

ADS

maidencomfort

While we're asking ?? about the Radian, I have one!! Along the same lines.

The foot seems to be getting in the way of the latch bars, keeping it from installing super tight. Tethering it rfing totally solves the problem, but we've been in some cars where there is NO place to tether a rfing seat :( Anyone else have this problem? My Latch anchors are pretty much in the seat bite.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I had that problem this last time I stuck it in the van (never had it rfing in the van before), but eventually I got it. It just took a little maneuvering and some more time (not fun when you're hot and pg, lol). I always get it in great w/ the seatbelt rfing though so that's usually an option.

ccjones

DH usually keeps the Radian installed with the seatbelt in the center of his Acura TL. When he has to install the Radian RF outboard, he uses LATCH. He says he's never had a problem getting the installation tight with the RF boot and the boot has never interfered with the anchors. His LATCH anchors sit really far back in the seat bight. He has to dig way into the seat bight to get the alligator clips to "latch" onto the LATCH anchors, so I'm not sure if that would make any difference.

But anyway, what he does with a RF outboard installation is that he pushes the front seat all the way forward. Then he installs the Radian RF with the boot. Then he sits in the front seat and, for lack of a better word, jams the front seat all the way back into the seatshell of the Radian. The RF boot still stays flush on the seat against the seat bight, and the bottom of the Radian remain in contact with the vehicle seat, but you get less of a 45 degree angle. The Radian is like the Britax seats in that it can be braced against the front seats. DH also connects up the RF tether. But, he claims he really doesn't have to because with the outboard LATCH installation and the bracing against the front seat, he can rock the entire car when he tries to wiggle the Radian.

ccjones

I can't edit my previous post, but I wanted to add something. I was in the garage last night looking at the Radian installation in DH's car. It appears that the RF boot actually slips *in* to the sight bight a few inches. Because of this, more of the Radian base (well, carseat bottom because we know the Radian doesn't actually *have* a base) sits on the vehicle seat. All of this, combined with the bracing agaibst the front seat, is what enables him to get a more upright angle instllation.

DH says I forgot something important in my last post. He moves the front seat all the way forward, then installs the Radian with LATCH and leaves some slack in the lower LATCH straps. Then he jams the front seat all the way back, into the seatshell of the Radian, and when he does this is when the RF boot slips into the crack in the vehicle seat where the seat bight is. Then he tightens up the lower LATCH straps.

Maybe you all can try this and see if you have any success?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Well, b/c of someone super on this board it won't be an issue much longer! lol We're going to put Evan in a RA till April when it expires and then we'll deal w/ the Radian issue (as we'll be back at square one then again). I'll have to try that trick out though and see if it worked. I could get it o.k. in the Taurus, but it seems SO reclined in the van I'm not sure there will be enough room for DH to drive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC