light weight foot stools?

I saw a few posters on BPB threads mentioning that their LO's could use a lightweight foot stool - can someone please clarify for me
1. is this an actual safe option, provided that you have the right kind of foot stool?
2. if so, what kind of stool do you use (rolled up camping mat? bundle of pool noodle sections?) and how do you secure it so it doesn't become a potential projectile
3. if not, am I just gullible :eek:

ADS

Mommy0608

Some kids do complain of discomfort in their legs while forward-facing in harnessed or booster seats. As long as the foot rest is very lightweight and not dangerous during a crash, it should be okay. Some things that could work:

Pillows
Folded/stacked blankets
Foam cooler
Stack of foam noodles

As for securing it to the vehicle, I'm not really sure how you'd do that. :eek: However, these things are light enough that it might not be a huge problem (especially pillows or blankets). Hopefully someone else can offer more clarification on that.

Joyofbirth

If you can lift your carpet a little and wouldn't mind cutting it a bit. you could drill holes in the bottom of the footstool and then put zip through the holes and cut little slits in the carpet to thread it through. You can buy strips to put under the slits to glue it back. Also you could try to zip tier it to the legs. My friend found some stools at a dollar store that were very light and had four legs. hope this helps.

Joyofbirth

Oh I'm also thinking that maybe you could make a little pouch in the end of a towel or thin blanket and cut down a pool noodle and put in the pouch. You can adjust the noodle to the right height and then put the other end of the towel under your carseat. Does that make sense?

We seriously can't live without ours. Just the cheap $7 ones from the toddler potty department at walmart or whatever are fine. The only way they'd be an injurious projectile is in a high speed rollover crash, and even then they don't weigh much and would be the least of your worries :whistle: Otherwise they stay on the floor.
http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemdetail.asp?item=18 NUB 59750#0022;srccode=WEB
:)

Thanks for the info. So does our cheapie IKEA stool look like it'd be okay?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60101063

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, THAT's the one we have and use most :D. I got ours for 1.95, I can't believe they throw an Elmo on it and ask 12.99 :p

I love the ideas that Joyofbirth has for attaching it... honestly I probably won't bother, but I still love the ideas :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC