Measurement of a marathon base

christineka

I'm doing my math to try to figure out what may fit in my sienna's back seat. I know that numbers aren't the end all be all of what fits, but it does help in the figuring. I have never had a britax seat. What is the width measurement on the base of the marathon?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The base itself is narrow, like 12 inches, but the wider part at the thighs and shoulders where it flares out is like 17-18 inches. That does make it nice for a big kid in a backless or no booster to be able to buckle up next to it, and it puzzles perfectly over a Radian or Frontier :thumbsup:

christineka

Thanks, I think it may be worth trying out then. I've got 48 inches to fit two rfing seats and a hbb. Or something...

Jennifer mom to my 7

I just measured, and it is about 18-18.5 inches at the widest, down at the thigh section (measured the decathlon and boulevard). The marathon would also have the latch bars to consider, like the boulevard. I know I fit a backless turbo under the side of the dc with the armrests in the lowest spots (screwed in of course;)). And dd could buckle okay. I think the back would puzzle okay. I know the nautilus is 18 at the backrest, 19 at the arms, and it angles out. CAn you find out if you can get a radian installed in the center with belt? and then maybe a rf driver side, and the nautilus passenger?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC