Boosters for the church van

mominabigtruck

Apparently our church needs boosters for their van, no one has thought of this before because it's not a very kid friendly church but they do bus in a lot of kids on sundays and wednesday nights. I'm not sure if they even have lap shoulder belts, I know there's no headrests so what are my options??
It has to be very user friendly because the guy that drives the van has no idea about these sort of things, I guess that's why I've been nominated to take care of this:confused:

ADS

Maedze

I'm assuming cheap is the way to go? TB. Not the Evenflo because no one will ever remember to put the armrests down :rolleyes:

The lapbelts are out, obviously.

mominabigtruck

I'm assuming cheap is the way to go? TB. Not the Evenflo because no one will ever remember to put the armrests down :rolleyes:

The lapbelts are out, obviously.

Definitely cheap:( This all came about because I was telling the lady that is in charge of the kids that I had bought another carseat yesterday and was hiding it at my mom's. She wanted to know if I had any boosters hanging around because she said they needed some. The worst part is that my dad is actually the one in charge of running the van; i.e. scheduling and that sort of thing and he's never said a word about it:mad:

christineka

I know my city has some summer camp things where the kids ride in those big vans. After the new law was passed they have added that children must have their own boosters. I don't suppose your church could just tell the families of the kids who ride the vans that they need to provide their own high back boosters?

Otherwise, I'm thinking the truboboosters are the cheapest decent seats. Be sure someone screws all the armrests in. Perhaps the church can find a bulk discount somewhere.

mominabigtruck

I know my city has some summer camp things where the kids ride in those big vans. After the new law was passed they have added that children must have their own boosters. I don't suppose your church could just tell the families of the kids who ride the vans that they need to provide their own high back boosters?

I'm laughing at this not because it's funny but because frankly I'd be happy if their parents could send them in appropriate clothing and I seriously doubt they even own booster seats.

MomToEliEm

What are the ages of kids who typically ride in this van? If any are small enough, it might be good to get a couple harnessed seats to utilize those lap-belt only seating positions and save the shoulder belts for those who are in boosters or just regular seatbelts.

Is the van typically full when it picks up kids or might there be an ability to give everyone a lap-shoulder belt seating position?

mominabigtruck

What are the ages of kids who typically ride in this van? If any are small enough, it might be good to get a couple harnessed seats to utilize those lap-belt only seating positions and save the shoulder belts for those who are in boosters or just regular seatbelts.

Is the van typically full when it picks up kids or might there be an ability to give everyone a lap-shoulder belt seating position?

Van is normally full, they're actually trying to purchase another van right now. I think at least two of the kids are small enough to ride in harnessed seats. Most of the kids are in the 5-7 range and could probably benefit from harnessed seats based on their behavior in church but I doubt that's going to happen.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC