Attn: Students/Great MS Office Deal!

ADS

stjemmes

Thanks a ton for this. I'm seeing if my college is one that works to get this. My Dh is excited because you also get deals on a few other things aswell. :thumbsup:

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
ANY college will work from what I understand. If you don't have a .edu e-mail address then check the list on the site. If your college isn't on the list then follow the instructions to send them verification of your enrollment with at least the minimum credits (.5 is all they required) and they'll get you set up. Good luck! :thumbsup:

CTPDMom

We have Office2007 Home version....& it isn't that great. I pretty much hate, it actually. So trust me....you aren't losing out here. :p

Well I'm working with Office 97 at home...and it's a real PITA when I bring stuff home to work on. :thumbsdown: The 97 version doesn't want to recognize my 2007 version stuff!

stjemmes

My DH works in the design tech field and said its a great deal. When I called him about it he thought I was lying about the price. When he realized I wasn't he said buy it NOW.

Oh and my school does work for it.

Heather98012

Well I'm working with Office 97 at home...and it's a real PITA when I bring stuff home to work on. :thumbsdown: The 97 version doesn't want to recognize my 2007 version stuff!

Have you tried saving your work docs in the 97 compatible format & then pulling them up at home? That might help. But yeah...it is crazy that the 07 docs don't work with the older versions of Word. Totally stupid! :thumbsdown: (which is just one of the many reasons I hate it)

CTPDMom

Have you tried saving your work docs in the 97 compatible format & then pulling them up at home? That might help. But yeah...it is crazy that the 07 docs don't work with the older versions of Word. Totally stupid! :thumbsdown: (which is just one of the many reasons I hate it)

Yeah, I've tried that once or twice but with really complex Excel spreadsheets it seems something always gets messed up when converting it back...more trouble than it's worth. I've been getting around the problem by using dh's work laptop when I really have to bring something home but it would be better to use my nice new computer!

flutie128

You can download a patch from MS that allows you to work on documnet from 2007 in older version. The problem is the the file extension. Instead of .doc the 2007 is .docx.

CTPDMom

You can download a patch from MS that allows you to work on documnet from 2007 in older version. The problem is the the file extension. Instead of .doc the 2007 is .docx.

Really? Does the patch work for Excel also? And do you download it to the new version or the old? (Downloading to the old is easy, getting a patch on the new version not so easy since it's a work computer.)

flutie128

Go to microsoft.com, go to downloads and trials and click download center. Under popular downloads there is the compatibility pack for word, excel, etc. Click on that to download it and then install it and you can use 2007 documents in older versions. You will not be able to see them in the older versions unless you change the file type to all file types because it won't recognize .docx. instead of .doc.

Heather98012

Living here in Seattle, I can't throw a rock without hitting a Microsoft employee.

Ohh...but about 9 or 10 years ago I got invited to participate in a user study there. When it was over, they took us to a door...opened it....& inside were rows & rows of shelves full of Microsoft software. They said "Pick anything you want" & that was our "payment" for participating. I almost pee'd my pants I was so excited! :thumbsup:

Hhhmmm....maybe I need to see if they need more people for new user studies. :whistle:

christineka

The educational version can also be bought by homeschoolers. Dh looked it up when we were in the market and got a similarly great deal on Office.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC