Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Dorel Juvenile Prospect / Eddie Bauer Cubb

Hey, some of you may remember I was trying to compare the Apex with the Prospect/Cubb & couldn't find any locally....

Well -- since the Target near my mom revamped their carseat aisle (from 1/2 of 1 side of a row to both sides of a whole row!) they now have the Prospect/Cubb in stock

FWIW, Leila is 43"+ tall & normally only fits the Apex (even with 2nd highest slot, using the top slot) & Husky/Regent (using the 2nd highest slot) -- she is also even with the top slots on the Graco CarGo ... trying the Prospect/Cubb we discovered that she's even with the top slot.

Our Apex is the 19" version though & my guess is that she fits the 17" version similar to the Prospect/Cubb as well as the CarGo -- however, the Prospect/Cubb IMO seems a nicer booster because the wings are deeper & filled with EPP foam for added side impact safety....

Someone had mentioned concern about the head cushion pushing kiddo's head forward, but this only happened with the removable cushion & obviously stopped when I simply took it off the velcro

The Prospect/Cubb also installed in my Freestar easier than the Apex -- so, if kiddo is not tall or is mature enough to use it as a booster properly then I'd say the Prospect/Cubb is my new favorite inexpensive 40# combination seat ... mostly as a spare though since I'm still a huge supporter of keeping kiddo harnessed as long as possible (using Apex, Regent, SafeGuard, etc.)

P.S. the only reason I didn't post this in the reviews section is because I forgot my tape measure & failed to get measurements -- I'll be staying at my mom's for a while & hope to get that soon to create a better review....
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads