3 across (FF) in a Prius

kristenbelle

Just wondering if any seats fit 3 across in a 2005 Prius - one would need to be a 5-point the others could be boosters. Has anyone been successful at this? Or is the backseat just too darn small?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
What are the stats on the kids?

Three Radians will probably work. A Radian and two super-skinny boosters might work (I think Parkways are the narrowest). The seatbelts overlap a lot, though, so buckling might be hard depending on how things are configured.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I could fit our Parkway outboard with Boulevard FF center . . . but, the ages/weights/heights of the kids will help us give you better advice :) Worst comes to worst, my 7 year-old wore the Ride Safer Travel Vest between 2 Marathons FF....

kristenbelle

I have a 2.4 year old who is 26 lbs (currently in a Wizard), a 5.3 year old (40lbs) who is currently in a Nautilus and I'm thinking about being able to transport one other child (probably a friend of the 5 year old). I don't know their current heights, but they both have long torsos and are average sized for their age. We'll eventually be putting our 5 year old in a Booster (not right now) and so I'm open to HBB suggestions that might fit. Our younger daughter will inherit the Nautilus, either in that car or in another. I'd be open to getting a Radian for her when the Wizard expires, if that will help us puzzle seats together better.

kristenbelle

What are the stats on the kids?

Three Radians will probably work. A Radian and two super-skinny boosters might work (I think Parkways are the narrowest). The seatbelts overlap a lot, though, so buckling might be hard depending on how things are configured.

The new Parkways are expected in May of this year, right?

Maedze

No, you aren't going to get three FF Radians across in a Prius, unfortunately. You *might* be able to do a Marathon or clone center position with Radians outboard.

If the boostered children are old enough, I'd be inclined to put a Radian center with backless boosters outboard. How old are the children in question?

U

Unregistered

I can get 2 marathons outboard and a radian in the middle of my prius. I can do all 3 ff; right now one is rf. I have an 05 prius.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I very quickly played around with a Radian & Marathon in a Prius -- while I didn't do a 3 across, it seemed to me that the configuration would work somehow (Radian|Marathon|Radian or Marathon|Radian|Marathon) . . . buckling the kids up in front of their bodies rather than digging down through invisible cracks is usually easier & quicker, not to mention the harness is safer (for children that still fit according to the instructions) + less likely to suffer scraped knuckles ;) Many kids can buckle harnesses at least as easily as boosters: my daughter just loosens the harness first & then I give it 1 last tug....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC