News B-ball player arrested for speeding with an unrestrained child

ADS

Maedze

With any luck, he won't be after this. Someone who would so wilfully risk the life of his child shouldn't be able to touch the kid with a 10 mile pole.

mish

What a jewel. I wonder if he will be available for babysitting after his basketball career is over?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Least he's still involved in the kid's life

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

NO

you do NOT get special credit for being involved in your child's life...mother, father, married, unmarried, teen, elderly, famous, not famous....taking care of your child is a basic responsibility, and you do not get kudos for doing it. It is a GIVEN.

sorry..i realize there is a possibility you were just joking or being sarcastic, but I HATE the whole "at least (s)he's involved in the kids life..." *snarls*
rant over.

We need a sarcastic button or something in addition to bold, italics, and underline.

I shoulda put up my picture of a funny baby shirt I was gonna include... lemme go see if it's still around.

Here it is, for a limited time:
a81_thumb.jpg

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
We need a sarcastic button or something in addition to bold, italics, and underline.

I shoulda put up my picture I was gonna include... lemme go see if it's still around.

Here it is, for a limited time:
a81_thumb.jpg

lol..as I thought about it, it seemed like you were most likely being sarcastic...but sometimes you surprise me, so I wasn't sure..but by then, the damage was done..i see red whenever someone utters that line.....visceral reaction. ;)

Heh, yeah, I should be more clear since I'm often at odds with the general opinion around here. I was too caught up in deciding whether to post that pic (the site is going down in a week or so and I didn't want a big red x there) that I forgot to make it clear that I was being sarcastic/joking.

When I first read the story today, I was wondering if CPS would ever be called on that guy. I don't get why pro athletes don't bother getting a vasectomy. I mean, some just clearly don't wanna be dads so why leave yourself open to having one?

Kat_Momof3

I'm just glad the cops treated him as severely as they would anyone else.

After all, we hear way too often about celebrities getting it easy.

That child needed to be in a properly used carseat.

Yeah, he tried to pull the "I'm an athlete" bit. Nice to see the cops not caring. In many cities, taht would not be the case. We all know the fines from the ticket wouldn't deter him at all. The public suspension and bad publicity is a much better deterrant for athletes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC