What do you think of the Fit?

Mommypooh

Here are all 3 of my kids in a Fisher Price Booster. Yes these were taken in the front seat it was the only spot open and I just wanted to play around.

Magnus 17 months old, 22 lbs, 31 inches tall.

dsc03139smallcn6.jpg

dsc03140smalley7.jpg

dsc03141smallve6.jpg

Cameron 4 Years old, 33 lbs, 38 inches tall.

dsc03142smallnp5.jpg

dsc03143smallpl1.jpg

dsc03144smallst2.jpg

Gabby 5 years 11 months old, 40 lbs, 45 inches tall.

dsc03145smallbg7.jpg

dsc03146smalljs6.jpg

dsc03147smallet5.jpg

Now for their normal rides

Magnus RF in a Boulevard

dsc03148smallsi8.jpg

dsc03149smallpc0.jpg

Cameron FF in a Boulevard

dsc03153smallgc0.jpg

dsc03154smallva7.jpg

Gabby FF in a Regent

dsc03151smallva2.jpg

dsc03152smallgo0.jpg

ADS

Maedze

:D

That seat really is a dream for proper belt fit. What a shame it was so short and that it was discontinued so quickly.

Hey Britax, make the new Parkway 120 more like a SR/C, mmmkay? :whistle:

Oh, for the older two the head rest can be safely down an inch or two. The shoulder belt guide needs to be just above the shoulder, not way above it :cool:

MustangMama

Awesome pics!

I think it is so funny that your kids are pi$$ed off in the booster but they are all smiling in their regular seats.

And your 17mo in the booster!! :eek::eek::eek:

Scary to think he almost fits properly :thumbsdown:

Mommypooh

The only thing I don't like about this booster is it is a pain to get it in the right height. I have to get them in and out like 20 times so I just got it to a place and left it and the belt hits right.

I use this seat for many kids and it drives me nuts so as long as I am close but above I go with it.

Mommypooh

Awesome pics!

I think it is so funny that your kids are pi$$ed off in the booster but they are all smiling in their regular seats.

And your 17mo in the booster!! :eek::eek::eek:

Scary to think he almost fits properly :thumbsdown:

Yeah it is funny my youngest was reaching for the back seat where he knew his seat was at. As soon as I took him out he climbed right in and put his arms in the straps and tried to buckle his chest clip and bottom. It was really cute.

My middle one does not like the booster he has sat in it once and hates haveing to sit still so he likes his harness.

My daughter likes both, I think she prefers her Regent though just by the fact she chooses it more often.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Leah's very concerned that "all the boy babies are sad!" but is happy your dd is happy, lol.

That booster has been around in Europe for at least 10 years or more, and they frequently have crazy low boostering limits (like the Recaro Start has said 9 months is the starting age), so it's not surprising it fits little kids pretty well. It's called the Zoom Comfy (or was called, back when I used to obsessively research these things...it may not be on the market anymore now that SIP is so much more in demand even in Europe).

Your kids are super adorable, by the way, thanks for sharing!

NannyMom

The turbobooster fits babies all too well also. :mad:

The Vivo doesn't :D I have pics of Sofi in it (25 pounds, 2 years) and the head is way too high. I've been considering posting pics.....

BTW- When I saw OP's pics of the toddler, I LOL and said you should make that his primary seat ;) (totally kidding of course)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Despite fairly good seat belt placement, the boys can't bend their knees at the edge of the seat, so they don't fit.

The baby might be able to stay sitting all the way back, not that a baby will stay sitting all the way anywhere, but the older one would have to scoot forward to have room for his legs because the front seat wouldn't leave room for him hold them out straight like that.

*Yes, I know you are in no way planning to use that booster for those two and you are just playing around, but that is how I explain it to parents who are over eager to put tiny kids in boosters.

LuvMyCharlie

That pic of your 17 m.o. scares the CRAP out of me. Almost like the two year old that came into my seat check the other day in a BPS. :(

Freedom_Pixie

I thought it was funny that your two DS' were crying in the booster and your DD was all smiles:ROTFLMAO:. My DS makes the same face as your youngest DS when his harness isn't right (like isn't tight enough, or the chest clip isn't in the right position: like slightly crooked), he gets really upset and makes his grumpy face. Your DD looks good in the booster, but the your 2 DS' (especially the youngest) has a while before they fit. But it scary that your YDS is looking that good (position wise) in a booster:eek:.

Yeah, it's hilarious to compare the expression of the boys with the girl. The youngest one was PISSED! I guess that's good cuz even tho he fits well, he still wants the more appropriate seat for him so if someone else who doesn't know better tries, they're likely to give in and get him in his regular harnessed seat.

Kat_Momof3

first kid... frightening that it fits so well... I have pics of Ruthie when she was just 2yrs old in the parkway (she was sitting there while I moved seats around... so she wouldn't be running into the street while my back was turned, falling out of the tree in our front yard... that kind of thing), but this beats it in scare-factor

Second kid - less scary how well it fits, because he meets the minimums the seat says it will hold, so it should fit him well, but definitely not the seat I'd want him in, so glad it's not his main ride... it fits him really well, though

Your daughter - GREAT fit... great spare for her, but glad that, since she's smaller than my daughter who isn't 5 yet, she has a harnessed seat as her main seat.

I do love the fit it has on smaller booster riders... backless, Damian got too wide for it before he outgrew it... but skinnier kids won't have that problem, since it adjusts for width to a pretty good size.

I wish it went taller, even though it goes to a good height already (pretty normal booster height)... and I HATE HATE HATE that it got discontinued.

mykidsmylife

Isn't that scary... I have one of Seth in Johnathon's FPSVB at like 13m or so. He was maybe 18lbs and fit perfectly fine in it....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC