FYI sienna "recall" for back hatch.....

emandbri

I was having problems with the back hatch of my 2004 sienna not lifting all the way, I have hit my head 3 times. I know I should have learned the first time! :eek:

I read online there was a recall and called the local dealership and went to drop it off. She asked if I had gotten a recall notice in the mail and I said I didn't think so but it is possible I could have thrown it out accidentally. She checked the computer and mine wasn't part of the recall. She called toyota and they said it was under and "enhancement" which is an extension of the recall. Bascially if you come in and say you are having a problem they will fix it for free but they are sending notices out to everyone.

Wanted to post and let others know in case they have the same problem.

Last edited:
ADS

sirrahn

Yeah, mine died (wouldn't lift at all) before it was even 3 yrs old so it was fixed under warranty. Guess it wasn't a fluke after all!

Dawn

Mine hadn't done it until last weekend. It came down on me and hit me in the back while I was trying to get stuff organized for a trip.

mommy2env

I remember getting a notice, but cant find it. My dh took it in last week, to get an oil change, and mentioned it to the guy. He said it was only for automatic ones. :confused: I think he just didnt know what the hell he was talking about.

Are all of yours automatic?

supermommyof2

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Mine isn't automatic (o6) and it sometimes doesn't open all the way. I thought it was just the cold since I notice it more in the winter, but I think now we'll be asking about getting it fixed.

Peony

My automatic hatch started dying in Nov on my 06, I was on a trip and when I got back I had a recall notice in the mailbox. Toyota fixed it within a couple days for me. :thumbsup:

mamaofthree

Mine is not automatic and doesn't go up all the way unless I push really hard. I'm short so I don't need it to go up all the way, but I have hit my head before, more than once. Maybe I'll ask about it when I take it in for the seatbelt recall from years ago that I still haven't taken care of. It's a seat that has only been used for a carseat with LATCH, so the seatbelt has never been used. But it will someday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC