Tell me honestly, would lifesavers be horrible with a 2 year old.....

emandbri

After my husband had to drag me out of our hotel room this weekend he thinks the stress of staying home with 4 kids is getting to me. :whistle: He thinks I could use some time away from them.

Tell me honestly would lifesavers be horrible with a 2 year old? Would I even be allowed to bring her? I can't go without her because I'm nursing and I've never been good with pumping.

He also suggested I go without her and use cabbage leaves to dry my milk up. I had to use them with Benjamin weaned suddenly so I know they work, not sure if would dry it up completely though. Don't want to wean her just want to get away for a few days.

Can't really turn it into a family vacation, we already have too many trips planned which is going to cost a lot and use up Brian's vacation time.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I've never been to Lifesavers, so I don't know what the room setup is like, etc. but personally, I would NOT take a 2YO to an all-day, several-day meeting. :twocents:

(And frankly, if I were sitting near you and she was being disruptive, I would be irritated at you. :eek:)

mominabigtruck

I can't even think in walmart if I take my kids so I wouldn't take them to an all day thing that I really wanted to pay attention to.

Last edited:

Shaunam

I wouldn't go without her...that would be too hard on a nursing toddler, not to mention the cabbage leaves might not work as well this time around and you could end up in severe pain, with an infection, or with no milk at all.

Any way you could hire a babysitter to watch her in the room? Anyone you trust live nearby? Anyone from here that lives there that would be willing to share their babysitter? Or maybe a teen relative that would be happy to tag along?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's truly only doable if you bring a babysitter to stay with her. Trust me. (I've already brought Leah to 2...once when she was like 10 weeks, and once at 14 months, it was only good at 14 months when I left her with my friend's sister in the hotel room).

If my dh would agree we could go, Elizabeth could stay with him and Bitsy and Leah, lol.

Heamae

How long will you be gone? I recently left my nursing 2 year old for a week and went to Fl for a funeral and didnt dry up. She was fine and so were my boobs. I didnt bring a pump because I forgot and was worried I would get engorged and nothing happened. You could bring a hand pump just to get a little comfort if it gets bad.

Splash

Nah, I wouldn't bring her. Besides, you want to get away. So get away! Take a weekend at a hotel nearby. Even just overnight would relax you and not kill your milk for a two year old.
Book a holiday inn, order pizza, bring a few movies. Relax in the tub, watch TV in bed and eat potato chips. You'll be refreshed, relaxed, and you don't have to tend to a toddler.

skueppers

I wouldn't bring her. I would bring a hand pump, assuming you have one, in case you got painfully engorged. You would probably be able to pump enough to relieve the pain, even though pumping doesn't usually work for you.

That's my plan for when I go away for the weekend at the end of the month. It takes about 36 hours for me to feel like I need my kid to nurse, these days. He's 2 and usually nurses 2 or 3 times a day, but sometimes if we're travelling or something he doesn't wind up nursing at the usual times.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... I wouldn't bring her... even if you don't get anything with the pump, it will stimulate to keep your supply good... and I'd take a long hot shower to encourage some flow so you aren't uncomfortable that day (get up early and take it that morning)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC