Tell me I don't need this seat

Karen

I am sitting here, last day of the Britax sale thinking I need a Frontier.

DS is still rear facing, but I told myself that when DD outgrew her snugride that I would get him a Nauti or Frontier for DH's car. I can get it for $206.10. Should I do it? Or get another convertible? He is 32lbs naked right now, and will be three in April.

ADS

Mama Jo

I have no room to tell you not to buy a seat you don't need... Within the next month or so, I will have bought a BLVD, Frontier, Monterey and Radian XT... None of which I really need right now!!

I don't know how soon you'll need another seat for DS, but the next generation Frontier will likely be even better. Hopefully with higher harness slots at least... hopefully...

Karen

I have no room to tell you not to buy a seat you don't need... Within the next month or so, I will have bought a BLVD, Frontier, Monterey and Radian XT... None of which I really need right now!!

I don't know how soon you'll need another seat for DS, but the next generation Frontier will likely be even better. Hopefully with higher harness slots at least... hopefully...
Why do I not know of this next generation Frontier? Hum, off to search about it.

Karen

Hum.... good to know! But it will be a lonnnnnnnnng time before it comes out, IF they change it. Well before DS is FFing. Oh well, I'm down off my impulse buy and didn't get it. I'll just end up paying full price sometime before the September sale I'm sure. :eek:

Splash

Jusy buy a Nautilus when it becomes available. It's a better deal on a better seat (IMO) anyway.

Kat_Momof3

well, here's my thought... assuming his seat goes to 35lbs... he's 32lbs naked... so figure 33-33.5lbs clothed... april he'll be 34-35lbs already (unless he's a slow gainer... my kids were all so fast you could blink and they'd have gained a pound)

So get the frontier now while the sale is on.

It has a NINE year lifespan... for that price, you can let it sit until he's done rf.

I really prefer a seat like the frontier/Nautilus for ff purposes because they sit lower (yes, even that thick Nautilus sits lower than the Marathon), which makes it easier for kids to get in on their own (though when they are first doing it and are smaller, they may need the help of a lightweight footstool)

HOWEVER... the new generation of Frontiers that Britax has got us dreaming of with that thread would be out before he outgrows the Marathon ff, so if you don't mind how high it sits, I say hold out and wait for the shiny new model that we hope will fix all the issues current owners have with theirs.

So I'm a little torn on what to do, but I'd try to wait if I were you.

Karen

I like the Nauti, I just like the Frontier better. I will probably end up with one of each. I totally agree that for a FFing only seat I prefer these. I am getting certified next month, and then I get a discount right? We will wait until then. I am really not sure how fast he will gain. It has been pretty slow, but pretty steady always.

emandbri

I am getting certified next month, and then I get a discount right?

Britax doesn't have a tech discount. Sunshine kids does and there is talk that clek might do it as well. I wouldn't but I really don't like the frontier and I had no problem keeping Benjamin in the MA until 5 1/2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC